Evelynn: Hate has spread to Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

so... i play Eve with some regularity on Dominion, and recently i've been getting the usual SR hate about her, including some people threatening to report.

my question:

how many games does it take for people to realize Dominion is not, in fact, SR, and champions perform differently on Dominion?

Eve ftw, btw.

JamesLeBoss

01-19-2012

Probably around 1600 Elo in dominion

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1710984

^thread with instruction on how to find your dominion Elo

Assume 12 elo gains/loses if you dont duo queue and have played over 30 games

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLeBoss View Post
Probably around 1600 Elo in dominion

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1710984

^thread with instruction on how to find your dominion Elo

Assume 12 elo gains/loses if you dont duo queue and have played over 30 games
oh, i know. my ELO sucks - i really only play blind.

still - just the point.

Isurwars

01-20-2012

Eve was my first main and the second hero i bought (2 years ago), BUT! it does not matter how much affection i have for her, she is useless above mid elo, and even bellow there, she is only "a bad backdoor". Yeah she can deal damage and kill low life runners, but there are better options, just deal with it and wait another year for the stealth rework.

Inkyjinx

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurwars View Post
Eve was my first main and the second hero i bought (2 years ago), BUT! it does not matter how much affection i have for her, she is useless above mid elo, and even bellow there, she is only "a bad backdoor". Yeah she can deal damage and kill low life runners, but there are better options, just deal with it and wait another year for the stealth rework.
on SR, i agree 100%.

on Dominion, i think she is very viable because of the lack of wards. people can still buy oracles, but with the increased amount of teamfights, they tend to not last as long.

she is a 'backdoor distraction' champ until 6/sheen, generally, but after that she becomes pretty strong if you run her AD or hybrid. i don't like her pure AP, however until late, late game.

while we can agree to disagree on her viability on Dominion, it's just amazing to me that she's sometimes considered a troll champ now on Dominion.

Stimuz

01-20-2012

Eves pretty versatile in dom. TF/Lichbane is really the only core item required for AP or AD after that you have quite a bit of build freedom, which I like a lot. AP is a lot weaker early-mid game though and only marginally stronger late game.

Powerstoned

01-20-2012

If you were playing dominion well, you'd know eve is horrible. Maybe against low elo teams, if you play against a bad team that isn't coordinating and wasting time in the jungle, neglecting their own turrets, then eve probably works great. But expecting to be able to capitalize on that bad scenario, isn't something to consistently count on.

Stimuz

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
If you were playing dominion well, you'd know eve is horrible. Maybe against low elo teams, if you play against a bad team that isn't coordinating and wasting time in the jungle, neglecting their own turrets, then eve probably works great. But expecting to be able to capitalize on that bad scenario, isn't something to consistently count on.
wat?

If you assume Eve is a backcap champion, you're wrong. She's pretty much a stealth bruiser with high burst, good sustained and good mobility if played correctly, or stealth YI with an ASPD steriod on par with Tristana's(better in team fights), depending how you build her.

K J

01-20-2012

Start sheen.
Buy Boots and Phage
Buy 2 Vamp Scepters
Finish Triforce
Build Lifesteal/Crit
GG

As long as you itemize properly you can 1v1 almost anyone. Triforce is entirely too powerful IMO. Grab health/resists if you need them, and the tenacity/crit item is amazing. Also, executioner's calling will help you completely destroy many other sustaining champions.

Yaladilae

01-20-2012

dont play blind, those are SR players who just come play Dom and then trash talk how **** it is