How Do I Poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoSalty

01-19-2012

I just get owned.

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

1. look for walls
2. get him/her between you and the wall
3. SLAM
4. ???
5. profit

people use ult + Q to do one giant nuke as far as i know

SoSalty

01-19-2012

Do I need MS quints?

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

poppy is more finesse than people generally realize - she's all about positioning an timing.

get a sheen and max q first. use the narrow spaces on Dominion to your advantage.

knowing when and how to use your ultimate is also critical, as well as understanding her passive.

TakinTheHeat

01-19-2012

build a triforce starting with sheen

merc treads always

take ignite, it works with your ult dealing massive damage

after triforce get a DFG allowing you to oneshot nearly anyone. the burst is surprisingly high even though you'd think lichbane>dfg would be higher, its not.

From there a gunblade works but it generally doesn't matter.

Your job is basically to either

A. ult the weakest person on their team and kill the strongest person

This is what you will do before you get DFG.

B: Ult the strongest person on their team and kill them in one shot.

this is what you will do after you get DFG.

Degnared

01-20-2012

AP Poppy: Best against squishy teams. Sheen -> deathcap -> lichbane.

Triforce Poppy: Best against tankier teams. Sheen -> Triforce -> Gunblade/Heavy AD item.

Note that the primary source of damage from BOTH builds is always going to be magic, but triforce poppy gives you a good chunk of physical damage to go with it.

ActionButlerGO

01-20-2012

I tried Poppy on Dominion for the first two days ago. I expected that she would take a little more skill to do well with than most people seem to think since she really depends on there being a wall close by. Still, by about mid-game I found that I was much more conscious of when, where, and how I was using her charge.

I'd like to keep trying her out, but I also don't want it to seem like I'm taking the easy way just to get quick wins.

Warrrrax

01-20-2012

One of Poppy's biggest advantages is her Passive.

Basically she takes HALF DAMAGE from any Nuke or crit, which makes her far tougher than expected.

You will want to go AD-based instead of AP. There are few squishies to burst down in general. AD gives you high burst but also decent sustain and a movespeed advantage.

Prospector blade and boots to start. Q,W,E taken. Use W to quickstart you. YOU should probably cap mid since you can get there faster with W, cap, then W and ghost to get top.

Then get Ionic Boots for the cooldown reduction and a brutalizer for more cooldown. Having fast Cooldowns is really valuable for her.

Then a Sheen to TriForce. Increases burst even more, plus MOVESPEED.

Degnared

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
One of Poppy's biggest advantages is her Passive.

Basically she takes HALF DAMAGE from any Nuke or crit, which makes her far tougher than expected.
Sort of. Poppy's passive is amazing, but it's not as strong as it seems. Poppy's passive reduces the damage that is over 10% of current health by half. So a 200 damage hit on a 1000 health Poppy would deal 150, not 100 damage.

Kolos1001

01-20-2012

buy a sheen, smash peoples faces into a wall, kite for ever. Congrats you just won every dominion game ever.