10k IP Saved, What to do?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haricots

01-20-2012

Looking at guides for runes is obviously good advice, but you should probably avoid buying runes that are only used in cookie cutter builds. I did this mistake early buying the AS seals because some dumb guide on mobafire told me to... total waste of IP.
Attack speed glyphs (and seals even more so) are not as useful as armor seals and MR glyphs.
attack speed marks are good on a lot of junglers. ArP and MPen are useful (more in lane than jungle though).
Armor seals and MR glyphs are useful on pretty much everyone, even if they aren't optimal a lot of the time.
It's not as obvious for quints. (ArP might be good if you use AS marks.)

Acr0b4tics

01-20-2012

I tend to like playing/filling the role of junglers or tankie characters. My most played/favorite champs are Amumu, Warwick, Singed, Sion(AP), Cho, and I've started fooling around with Nunu. Characters that are tankie, but still have a decent enough dmg output. So it's hard to decide how to build a rune page that would cover all bases for the champs I listed.

Acr0b4tics

01-20-2012

maybe I should create a new thread?

Guyde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acr0b4tics View Post
I tend to like playing/filling the role of junglers or tankie characters. My most played/favorite champs are Amumu, Warwick, Singed, Sion(AP), Cho, and I've started fooling around with Nunu. Characters that are tankie, but still have a decent enough dmg output. So it's hard to decide how to build a rune page that would cover all bases for the champs I listed.
There are some runes that, while not optimal for every champ, can be applied to many champs successfully. Unless you only play one champ exclusively, these general rune pages are a cheap way to make a big improvement to your game. And because everyone plays differently, these are just a suggestion.

Flat health quints - good in general, great for new payers. As an alternative, many players prefer movement speed quints.
Flat armor seals - helps most any champ early game
Magic resist per level glyphs - MR for late game
Armor penetration marks - early advantage for AD champs
Magic penetration marks - early advantage for AP champs

You can start with two rune pages, one for AD and another for AP champs. Add some magic regen seals to your collection and you can have 4 pages: AP mana, AP tanky, AD mana, AD tanky.

As I said, these pages will not be the best possible for most champs, but they should get you 75% of the way there for a small initial price. The next time you feel rich you can add to these to create more specialized rune pages.

d4l3kcaan

01-21-2012

+1 vote for runes

BaII

01-21-2012

if you enjoy jungling then go check out stonewall. He gives what he thinks are the best runes for jungling somebody

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

>Armor penetration marks - early advantage for AD champs

i saw a chart, it seems they are rather mid game advantage and flat ad is for early game laning

http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-diff...an-arpen-runes

IceDrakeKing

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyde05 View Post
There are some runes that, while not optimal for every champ, can be applied to many champs successfully. Unless you only play one champ exclusively, these general rune pages are a cheap way to make a big improvement to your game. And because everyone plays differently, these are just a suggestion.

Flat health quints - good in general, great for new payers. As an alternative, many players prefer movement speed quints.
Flat armor seals - helps most any champ early game
Magic resist per level glyphs - MR for late game
Armor penetration marks - early advantage for AD champs
Magic penetration marks - early advantage for AP champs

You can start with two rune pages, one for AD and another for AP champs. Add some magic regen seals to your collection and you can have 4 pages: AP mana, AP tanky, AD mana, AD tanky.

As I said, these pages will not be the best possible for most champs, but they should get you 75% of the way there for a small initial price. The next time you feel rich you can add to these to create more specialized rune pages.
This. Especially the armor seals, since all of the jungle/tanky characters really benefit from that extra armor and beyond that, some of the other roles benefit from having some early armor in certain situations. Best thing is that they're cheap, at only 210 ip per rune.
Almost the same thing for MR runes, except that some champs benefit from mana regen glyphs more than MR glyphs, (Im looking at you Singed, =p)
It all really comes down to what you need and what you want.

TwistWrist

01-21-2012

Wait...what...

Please do not put mana regen glyphs on Singed...

He doesn't need it for his poison.

After a Catalyst, his mana use is under control. After Rod of the Ages, he just doesn't run out of mana.

netkitten

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPoint1 View Post
Especially the armor seals, since all of the jungle/tanky characters really benefit from that extra armor and beyond that, some of the other roles benefit from having some early armor in certain situations.
lol i bought them originally for my supports