10k IP Saved, What to do?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acr0b4tics

01-19-2012

I have 10k IP saved up and I've been debating on which champs I should buy for a while. (Considering Udyr etc) then a friend suggested I buy a full set of T3 runes. Would a full set of T3 really benefit my game play that much or should I continue buying champs? Usually like to Jungle and or off tank.

Deorax

01-19-2012

Lee Sin.
Do you know why you want to buy him?
Because he is Lee Sin, the blind monk.
All jokes aside, Lee Sin is an off tank jungler.
6.3k IP for Lee Sin, the blind monk.
He is one of 2 (i think) that have 7 total moves.
Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike , Safeguard/Iron Will , Tempest/Cripple and Dragon Rage, his ultimate.
This is of course only a suggestion.

"Strike Firmly" - Lee Sin, the blind monk.

HollowAvatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

You want the runes. For serious.
There are some runes (flat armor seals, I'm looking at you) that can open up new doors on champs.

JxC

01-19-2012

depending on the type of runes, you can spend anywhere from 8k-12k+ for T3 runes at only lvl 20. if anything, i'd pick a cheaper champ and save the rest for runes

Azri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

i would suggest buying the runes, they really do help alot, i saved ip since level 1 and by 20 i had like 18k i think and wasted all the ip on runes, i have 2 full pages ( for my level anyway, for ap and ad ) and have around 5k left, so its all gewd.

Sokar468

01-20-2012

First of all, don't buy champions unless you have tried them during their free week or at least did extensive research on them including videos of gameplay (and I would still recommend trying them first).

Secondly, Tier 3 runes make a significant impact on the game, especially the early game. If you are limited to two rune pages or don't know what kind of champions you will play in the future, we can recommend some good, general rune pages that can benefit any champion (even if not ideal).

Acr0b4tics

01-20-2012

Thanks alot for all the help! I think I'll buy runes. Should I buy half of an AP page and half of an AD page or just get a full of one? Any suggestions as to the runes to get?

lgnite

01-20-2012

I would save to buy runes as they benefit you every single game, where you might not use the new champion you bought every game. You only buy champions after you have bought all the runes that you need.

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

01-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Acr0b4tics,

I would build a rune page for your favorite/most played champ. You'll want to get the most bang for your IP, so if you stick to one particular champ (or role) go for the runes that best fit it.

Which runes in particular to buy can be tricky as it generally depends on the champ. I would check out some of the guides on sites like MOBAFire or SoloMid to see what they have to say for the particular character you like to play.

You'll find a pretty nice improvement for your various abilities with T3 runes. Imagine an extra 80 or so health right at start, or an additional 20% attack speed. Yum.....

-RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

lgnite

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
Hey Acr0b4tics,

I would build a rune page for your favorite/most played champ. You'll want to get the most bang for your IP, so if you stick to one particular champ (or role) go for the runes that best fit it.

Which runes in particular to buy can be tricky as it generally depends on the champ. I would check out some of the guides on sites like MOBAFire or SoloMid to see what they have to say for the particular character you like to play.

You'll find a pretty nice improvement for your various abilities with T3 runes. Imagine an extra 80 or so health right at start, or an additional 20% attack speed. Yum.....

-RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador
...or 45 AD