I Am Tank. -Poem, a verbal fan art.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleDigitz

05-04-2012

Speaks to the heart of a true tank. Well done, my friend. Well done. From one tank to another... Thank you for writing this poem.

P.S. Congrats on the showcase

Kaimibu

05-04-2012

This is poem is fantastic! Truer wprds were never uttered by such a tank ^^ may those who read this be inspired to tank harder for their team. I know I will XD. Grats on the showcase

EroKagami

05-04-2012

Totally awesome, a firend of mine jsut said "no one apreciates the job of the tank", but well, hello!, YOU DO!, and i love it!.

Peudragoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief RTWB View Post
Nice poem... is this perhaps a way of getting back at the people who said you suck cause you fed a lot instead of playing it safe? Here is a short response to the faults I saw in your reasoning for a tank...

A tank is for gank, play it safe while alone
Hold the lane quietly, but remember when to recall home
Health will come naturally, no need to buy it...
When you die stubbornly, dont use poems to throw a fit...

I play Blitzcrank almost 100% of the time, he is great alone or with another melee the way I use him, but honestly, a ranged will get in the way with him... they scare them off more than take a kill, and even if they do get the kill, I never got the kill myself. If Im alone or with another melee, I kick butt...

Anyway, you have much better skills in poems than me, but remember to use reason in it too... it seemed like you just wanted to tell everyone that tanks take the brunt of the damage and makes it look like they suck, but really, I can get a lot of the kills myself too. Also, mixing the tank's abilities and strong points with speed or things you said you dont need, can in some cases become very beneficiary... but only if you do it right.

So here I continue, skill gets the kill
it doesnt matter your gear, your spells, or your will
Just go in that lane, and use kills to get fame
and most of all, have a great game.

Thats all I have to say. LoL is about playing a good game, and not about what others think of you. You have that much right, I can vouch for that. Sorry I brought up my ideas with some pathetic rhymes, but thats just how I am... Im a poet, and I didnt even know it. (that rhymed too... hmm)

But really... have a great game and hold up the summoners code higher than your head is! Make sure if someone is not doing good, you really should not judge them about it... and one quick thought... I really think that Riot should take out the "Unskilled Player" option in the report section.. it goes against some of the summoners code... respect those who suck, and help them get better...
Unless of course they really suck so bad they can even move off of the Spawn point untill the first 5 minutes cause they were waiting for enough gold to be able to buy a crappy item (that has happened to me before, and I was a little upset...)

Boy I talk a lot... but thats cause I was waiting for LoL to update... and now that its done... Imma play Blitz once again! Masterchief out!
Now, I don't want to flame you, but you didn't get the gist of the poem (or maybe being a tank). This poem isn't griefing about being called names or people saying you're feeding, this is an ode to being a stubborn ***. When you're tanking, it's your job to lead the charge, and to take the brunt of the enemy damage while your team rips them to shreds.

I have many tales of playing a tank, and jumping into the fray to start a teamfight. The end result is more or less the same: I die, we ace them, I get 5 assists (I have assembled a team of friends, so our charges are coordinated enough that we pull tricks like this with frequency, I doubt I'm the only one). That is what tanks do, and what this poem is about: Do your job, take those hits, and win the game by being a stubborn ***.

And I'll always laugh really hard when I remember this match when, after we pulled said trick for the third time, one of our opponents said: "That Jarvan has the devil in his hide".

Tanks: Ours is but to do and die.

Oh, and if it's not clear yet, I loved this.

Deatho7

05-04-2012

I usually play either mages or carries so i appreciate the protection of the tanks :D

StephanosRex

05-04-2012

Give me a day and I will return with a reading of this as Shen.

Iridium Devil

05-04-2012

If any one wants to use this to make a video or reading, you have my permission. All I ask is that you post it here when it's done so I can put it up for every one to see

Thrackerzod

05-04-2012

As a Cho'Gath main, I give this all my +1's.

xRadiancex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Quote:
I am a Tank, I give my life,
For friend and ally, I sacrifice,
My own well being, a silent wall,
I never cry, you wont hear me call,
For aid, or kills, not a word I shall utter,
So true... I CRY EVERY TIME.

PaperDivisionIII

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peudragoon View Post
Now, I don't want to flame you, but you didn't get the gist of the poem (or maybe being a tank). This poem isn't griefing about being called names or people saying you're feeding, this is an ode to being a stubborn ***. When you're tanking, it's your job to lead the charge, and to take the brunt of the enemy damage while your team rips them to shreds.

I have many tales of playing a tank, and jumping into the fray to start a teamfight. The end result is more or less the same: I die, we ace them, I get 5 assists (I have assembled a team of friends, so our charges are coordinated enough that we pull tricks like this with frequency, I doubt I'm the only one). That is what tanks do, and what this poem is about: Do your job, take those hits, and win the game by being a stubborn ***.

And I'll always laugh really hard when I remember this match when, after we pulled said trick for the third time, one of our opponents said: "That Jarvan has the devil in his hide".

Tanks: Ours is but to do and die.

Oh, and if it's not clear yet, I loved this.

Yeah, I think I get it now... thanks for at least upholding a summoners code and guiding instead of criticizing... a few people (3) dont know how to do that, but I know what you mean now! I just hate it when people think a tank shouldnt know when to retreat... like when you are still soft.

Anyway, great poem, now make one about Blitz, lol! (Joking, you dont have to...)
It was obviously good enough to get the attention of Summoners Showcase! And mine!

(As an afterthought, my closing was all about how nobody should worry about what kind of kills they get, but just remember that LoL is for fun! I was in no way "dis"ing on him at all, I loved the poem...

----- Masterchief out!------