Is Urgot Still Viable? Possibly still worth choosing in a Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ButtScience

01-19-2012

I have been playing Jungle Fizzle, Morgana, Ashe, Lee Sin, and Sona. I'm still stuck in elo hell so I'm sticking to these champs for a while until I am free, but I was wondering after reading a thread about Urgot, is he still worth picking as a champion? and what would be the best position for him?

Mad But Why

Recruiter

01-19-2012

Ive had success with him, plus he is really fun. Go ranged ad if you land dat e you can get early game kills/harass and you will be fine. Im not only 1470 but in that bracket it still works at least lolz

Offthesak

01-19-2012

Urgot is a great champ. My only gripe about him is his ult. It makes sense on paper, but 99% of the time, either from what I witness or from personal experience. There is never a good time for you to use it unless its a 5v1 scenario. Too many times he just gets himself killed from using it trying to pick the enemy team apart. My suggestion would be for him to go temporal, where after 3 seconds he will return to the spot he activated his ult, and any enemies within X range get pulled back to that spot with him.

Because of how bad his ult is, i put a point in it at lvl 6 and pick up the last 2 points at 17/18. And i think the last few times ive played as Urgot, i used his ult a total of 5 times. Its just garbage.

Kenshin Akira

01-19-2012

I'd say Urgot's rather viable. He's got stupidly good harass, his Q missiles start ****in' hurting after a few ranks, and he has good utility with the team due to his slowshield and his ult. So yeah, I'd say he's worth it. Only real problem I've noticed with him is that mana's a bit of a pain.

doomlord7878

01-20-2012

Urgot is for winning lane and winning lane hard. urgot wont carry as hard as vayne or graves or anything like that but you should destroy anyone but cait in lane keep them from getting farm and killing them if their dumb. takes some skill to get used to need to be able to hit es spam qs and still last hit all at the same time so don't go in thinking you will be that good at him right away. still because you cant carry as hard you will fall off hard late game if their carry gets a chance to farm. so you just need to get your team to go into team fights and do things right after lane.

Frogsterking

01-20-2012

He's not good for solo queue, he seems good on paper but in practice he doesn't do enough damage to carry if your team is ****ting the bed. His only advantage is denying farm early against (some) champs, but that's not going to help you very much if they can just free farm after you and your team are forced to huddle at the inner turrets once the team fighting starts.

You also really need to use him in a solo lane, such as mid or top (especially mid), which you're never going to get in solo queue. He's really not like a ranged AD carry at all, he doesn't scale worth ****.

SkeletalArm

01-20-2012

He's a great AD caster. Not so much ranged AD but more like that solo top who tends to get a lot of armor and mr so he doesn't die a horrid death when he ults.

Cardd

01-20-2012

I like to play urgot a lot but have only had medium success with him. I agree with pretty much everything in this thread:

Pros:
- Great early lane harrasser
- Easy enough to farm with, you just have to manage your harrass/farm well

Cons:
- Simply can't carry late game like vayne/graves/cait
- Squishy-er than he appears
- Ult needs to be executed well. Personally I like taking flash so I can ult, then flash over a wall immediately

Juzt

01-20-2012

You need the right build and runes for him to become exceptionally well in the place of a ranged AD carry. ( Urgot's classed under a Ranged-Fighter) .

Urgot is all about positioning. You still need to last hit minions in between harassing.

When your level 6 use your ultimate to position your self with an enemy that your teammates have enough room to kill and not put your self in a swap where your enemy has an advantage to kill you.
-best to position under a tower without minions being hit so the tower helps out on damage

If you need some more tips on playing him well add me and message me. Urgot is my favorite range AD in rank so far 14wins and 3 losses due too bad teams with him.

corallein

01-20-2012

I've never liked Urgot.

His late game strength is terrible compared to normal AD carries (even Ezreal), so he's 100% dependent on winning the game early. If that doesn't happen, then you become more and more marginalized as the game goes on, to the point of being pretty **** useless.

And I don't feel his early game strength is dominant enough to overcome his mid-to-late weakness. And he really isn't able to fill any other role besides AD damage.