Some Kind, Informed Advice Would Be Appreciated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cadekong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

I am trying to decide on getting one of the following: Nasus, Tryndamere, Veigar, or Fiddlesticks. I have no problem with attacking from the sidelines, just as I have no problems with getting up close and personal. I could only find well-written, informed information on Nasus and Veigar, which made me sad. So I would like to hear from anybody who has played any of these characters or against any of them. Thank you.

Blodhren

Recruiter

07-19-2010

They are all fun. Nasus can be crazy. Tryndamere and his ult are awesome, Veigar is powerful but highly squishy as is Fiddle. I would recommend Tryn personally because he would be my favorite of those 4 followed up with either Nasus or Fiddle.

Pie Slice

07-19-2010

I recommend you Trynd, too, sadly enough, you cannot bring trynd to very high ELO levels cause he's rather useless and very easily counterable.
EDIT: now that's not a demoralizing post, I played tryndamere since the very start of my LoL career, I'm almost lvl 30 and, believe me, I still own with tryndamere, even without a full rune page, simply with my skill. He is viable to play at lvl 30 with very high ELO enemies, but there is always a better choice rather than tryndamere

Controlled By Me

07-19-2010

Nasus: Can be a game-changer if played well. He can wreck teams with a well-farmed Q ability. He can play tank, but playing him melee DPS is far more superior IMO.
Tryndamere: Only good late game, after lots of farming. However, if you get fed during laning phase, you've got the upper hand in the game. If they allow you to farm, and you manage to pull the game to over 45 min, you should be able to 2 or 3-shot squishies.
Veigar: Great anti-mage, can nuke any caster within 1 second. His stun is an awesome initiator, but also has great defensive uses to save your teammate. Very solid pick, but only if the enemy has AP-stacking casters. He's better in Draft Mode than Blind Pick.
Fiddlesticks: The real team-killer. However, it requires skill and coordination with your team to play. Often enough I ulted into the enemy, expecting my team to initiate. I died a lonely death.

First choice: Nasus or Fiddlesticks
Second choice: Veigar
Third choice: Tryndamere

Second to None

07-19-2010

Veigar was the first champion I purchased in this game, and let me tell you, it was not a waste. He is a great character (even better now with the buffs). He has an unreal ability to farm, a great AoE stun, and huge timed nuke, and an even bigger ult. He is technically an anti-mage, but can be used to counter anyone with AP nowadays.

As for Nasus, he was up there for me too. I would go with him if you are a newer player looking for a strong champion. He isn't squishy and his learning curve is only a few games. Great all around team player.

Fiddle is VERY squishy, and I say that that way only because he has to put himself out there to get the kills (aka his ult). He requires a coordinated team to play effectively so I would hold off on him for now.

Trynd. Oh Trynd. He is so underwhleming it isn't even funny. If he gets fed then he is scary, yes. But that's true of almost every champion if you think about it. Every time I see him on the enemy team I just don't get scared. I would put him last.

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

They fill different roles. Tryndamere is a very late-game Champion - from the start till about 20 minutes you might feel a little underwhelming against even leveled and geared targets. When you get a decent gear setup though, you'll start blowing through people pretty quickly. Just be aware that, if you or your team screw up enough, the game might be too far gone for you to save it at that point.

Nasus on the other hand, he's a little squishy at first, but a few defensive items plus a Sheen lets him smash some serious face. Spirit Fire helps with farming and counter-pushing for early and mid game - he does well enough in a 2v1 situation as well, though you have to watch for certain Champions (Morgana's combination of farm ability plus harassment with Soil/Binding can give him fits for a 2v1). Ult'ing into the enemy team right behind/in front of your team's tank makes for some solid face beatings, not to mention what your 3 other teammates are going to bring.

Viegar and Fiddle are both casters, but have different roles. Veiger just wants to blow someone up - stun a victim(s), drop some Dark Matter and use your targetted nukes to bring some major pain. The stun is also nice to save yourself or cover a retreat, but it doesn't always work. If you get good with the Dark Matter, throw it down and then the stun, they won't be able to get out of it even with Merc Treads.

Fiddle works kinda like Shaco and Twitch, in a way. He lurks around in the bushes or across a wall, out of sight until the fight gets started. Then he pops out with a Crowstorm, doing massive damage in an AoE to turn the fight in his team's favor. Dark Wind and Terify prevent key targets from retaliating, while Drain helps keep him alive under focus. Early game can be a little iffy - the cd on Dark Wind is kinda painful, while Drain is expensive. Fiddle is all about the Crowstorm - you'll be remembered (or reviled) for how well you use it.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

07-19-2010

I can say from experience, don't get Tryndamere or Veigar unless you are willing to do very badly until you learn them. They both have a pretty large learning curve, and can suffer greatly if not played correctly in the early stages of the game.

Cadekong

07-19-2010

Thank you all for your advice. I was surprised to hear positives on Trynd after all the garbage he gets in other posts/guides/etc. After a few rounds of Fiddleseticks (thanks to the rotation), I realized I'm not experienced enough to play a mage type too it's full ability yet. And with Veigar being an even more specialized role (as mentioned by Controlled By Me), I'm afraid to make a deposit on him right now, but I'm definitely getting him next. And I'm a little afraid of Trynd after I've heard so many bad things about him...I've decided on the more obvious Nasus. Thanks guys.

2qt2bstr8

07-26-2010

I know this is an older post, but i wanted to add a guide to nasus i found extremely helpful. I play him a LOT and refer to this frequently.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ve-nasus.xhtml