Sorka in Dominon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonabon

01-19-2012

Soraka is indeed very good, though like some have mentioned a little boring to play. I actually just got out of a game with a Soraka on my team and she held bot lane with ease while the rest of us dunked the other team, and she really came through with that global heal in a couple team fights.

Powerstoned

01-20-2012

Bad choice.

For dominion you need to be able to quickly capture and then defend turrets, pushing away, locking down, or killing enemies. Soraka doesn't do any of that.

Stimuz

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
Bad choice.

For dominion you need to be able to quickly capture and then defend turrets, pushing away, locking down, or killing enemies. Soraka doesn't do any of that.
wat?

1. Soraka is one of the strongest zoning champs in dominion.
2. Soraka is one of the strongest defenders in dominion, with heal ult and w you can easily burst 1k+ healing later in the game. Her strongest builds are also tanky enough to wait out ignite or exe before doing so.
3. 6s cd 2.5s silence, coupled with Rylais = pretty good lockdown.
4. Though she may not kill quickly (unless AP, in which case point 2 and 4 is moot) her teammates certainly can with your 12 MR shred every 1.5 seconds, stacking to 120. Have you seen what poppy does to negative 24 MR? I have.

Dessim8

01-20-2012

Forget Poppy, seeing what THORNMAIL does to negative MR is much more satisfying! Caster equivalent would of course be Odyn's.

Falco Amadeus

01-20-2012

Good, can be a nasty counter pick to some bot-lane champs. (Karthus, Yorick to a degree, etc)

Huntsvoski

01-20-2012

Soraka is sorta OK for bottom on dominion, though she has bad weaknesses. The worst is how easily she is ganked by someone w/ the speed buff, there is nothing she can do. Also, some champs do really well vs her (Maoki comes to mind) and you lose bottom turret.