MegaUpload SHUT DOWN

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

It's pretty clear that the U.S. government is going to do whatever it wants regardless of whether that **** passes in Congress.

JesterofBabylon

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKaqn View Post
If you want news, how bout this. Yesterday while everyone was busy protesting the SOPA and PIPA, the Supreme Court ruled that Congress has the authority to remove works from the public domain.
1000x this.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Actually no...I heard it on Facebook about 3 hours ago, and I heard about it possibly happening about 2 weeks ago....
I'm not surprised....also Anon.

Lomo KraazY

01-19-2012

old

Dorotheus

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightestStarr View Post
sopa not even passed, sh*t still gets shut down

US government goes where it pleases
Anon actually did it just so everyone get the feeling of what it really feels like...especially since a lot of the US Govn't uses it, believe it or not.

Uccisore

01-19-2012

Sites that pretty much do nothing but help people pirate SHOULD be shut down. The reason people (allegedly) are against SOPA is because of all the non-piracy stuff it would affect, and I think there's legitimacy to those complaints. But when you start raging because actual piracy sites are being shut down for legitimate reasons like DMCA, you make some people start to wonder if you guys aren't just fans of piracy that would oppose any legislation that got in the way of your stealing no matter what.

Dorotheus

01-19-2012

lol awesome...xD
The thread was moved!
Finally the mod's moving **** where they need to instead of just closing them.

Dobagoh

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKaqn View Post
If you want news, how bout this. Yesterday while everyone was busy protesting the SOPA and PIPA, the Supreme Court ruled that Congress has the authority to remove works from the public domain.
They also ruled that people who don't know anything about the law are permitted to speak on it as if they do.

KudoKou

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Sites that pretty much do nothing but help people pirate SHOULD be shut down. The reason people (allegedly) are against SOPA is because of all the non-piracy stuff it would affect, and I think there's legitimacy to those complaints. But when you start raging because actual piracy sites are being shut down for legitimate reasons like DMCA, you make some people start to wonder if you guys aren't just fans of piracy that would oppose any legislation that got in the way of your stealing no matter what.
DMCA? Did you just mention the DMCA? The piece of legislation that specifically provides a safe harbor for sites that host infringing content if it's user-submitted?

Seriously? Do you have any idea what you're even saying? If Megaupload deserves to get shut down for hosting user-submitted content, so does Youtube. Luckily, the law says that neither of them can be shut down for that. The U.S. government just decided that the whole "law" thing was inconvenient for them and decided to go ahead and take the lobbyist money instead of pondering the value of consistent enforcement of written laws.

GodEmperorLetoII

01-19-2012

Hahaahaha!! I love it. The feds are pissing off more and more people. The anger and hate rises. The breaking point comes. The new order comes.