Is that champion OP or just annoying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ssteele

01-19-2012

Do we decide what champions are OP based on how annoying they are to play against. I think Shaco can be annoying, but is he OP? What are some heroes that seem OP, but really are not....

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Tryndamere? Not sure about anymore, since he took a nerf to fury, healing, and damage.

Red Smurf27

01-19-2012

I've actually jumped off the yorick OP bandwagon recently. I have been playing a lot of blind pick recently (30 minute draft queue vs. 5-10 minute blind pick queue, no brainer) and have been playing against a lot of yoricks bot and haven't been having nearly the issue I used to have.

Once you realize that he isn't scary because he really has no cc, he gets much easier.

(My main bot champ is Nocturne, so it may be different with other champs, but the gravedigger is now more of a nuisance than a really OP champ bot, at least for me)

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Rammus, Poppy, Kassadin, Yorick .. I can honestly say after 600 games that they are bestly pub stomp champs and pretty much guaranteed bans at higher elo. Borderline "OP" .. well, I'd say Jax right now, EZ, Panth, Ryze, Shaco, Talon, Urgot, Wukong. Some champs are more skill based, like EZ, Morganna, Ahri, etc. (those who have skill shots). Honestly though, it's not just what champ is overpowered so much as it is team composition and the ability to counter the other team. Crowd control is pretty insane when a team has lot of champs that can stun, blind and silence. Slows help a lot too, but if you can't move, attack, etc. for 1.5 or more seconds, the fight is pretty much over. You get caught out of position and die if you are squishy.

Well, that's my 2c worth at least. I'm only around 1700 elo, so nowhere near the top, but the concepts still apply, there are just better players, less trolls and more skilled people at the higher elo's.

CaptainSoda

01-19-2012

Rammus, Poppy, Pantheon.

Special mentions to:
Shaco, Evelynn, Twitch
For making me waste half the game standing in between 2 of the control points.

Ascleph

01-19-2012

I think we can safely say that Ryze is OP