People who dont know when to switch from top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crujuco

01-19-2012

Hi all,

I have noticed in some of my games that some people believe that you must have top at all costs. It doesnt matter to them that the enemy have it capped and have 4 defenders there. They decide to try to push minions up, try to cap tower and die. I have seen them doing in multiple times.

A much better idea is to send most of your force to their bot. Once you have it you can leave 1-2 people there and that forces the enemy to take another point. If they are smart they will then try to take back their bottom. I have seen people (myself included) hold enemy bot very well.

The hardest point to hold in Dominion is your enemies mid. It might be benificial to neatralize or cap, but it is worst point to try and defend. The biggest thing to remember is you dont need top to win, you just need 3 points.

TLDR -

Dont just bash away at capturing their top if it is well defended. It is predictable and most times doesnt work

Red Smurf27

01-19-2012

I completely agree with OP. I have seen teams countless times keep going top and dying its like banging your head against a wall.

With a little teamwork you can seriously spread the other team out. When its 2-3 and their top is very well defended (i.e. 3 or more defenders) a great strategy is to have two of your team push minions, 1 backdoor their mid, and the other gank bottom. At the very worst, somebody on their team leaves, leaving you 2v2 with minions pushed that can help neutralize a point. After that the fight at top is much easier. Best case scenario, you cap their mid, your gank is successful and your two have pushed the minions and survived by backing off before the 4 top could counter.

It is so much easier to play like this with teammates, but in solo queue, it can get hairy. It also doesn't work as well against a well played team that isn't showing where they are by hiding in the Fog of War.

Carados

01-19-2012

You really can't hold their bottom point however. You gank it, get the point, then they rotate more people bottom and then you get top.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

While the OP is partially right, you are missing the point of that strategy: force them to rotate their forces so you can take top back.
Trying to win while holding your points and their bot wouldnt really work unless they are really bad, in which case you wouldnt be having trouble in top to begin with.

crujuco

01-19-2012

The other thing I dont like is people taking top then pushing enemy mid. The enemy mid is the worst point to take as it takes the longest to get to due to placement of speed.