@Riot What is holding back dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PetalDance

01-19-2012

I don't mean from just having a ranked queue. I mean in general, there has been very little in terms of changes from patch to patch and it seems like it's not being focused on nearly as much as I had anticipated.

When dominion was being released, riot made several posts stating and suggesting that dominion would almost certainly be the new most played map, and would turn into a very competitive game mode.

Since then dominion metas and champions have been nailed down, players know what is good and what is bad, and you can easily see trends emerging.

In your eyes, what is holding dominion back from;
a) the population switching to play it more often
b) it's competitive scene

And, are there any steps being taken to remedy these things, or is it largely planned to keep it on the course it's going?

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

I've been asking a similar question for around a month and a half now with no real response. I thought there was some news but nothing came of it so I recently revived my thread. Hopefully one of us gets the community an answer.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1556413

PetalDance

01-19-2012

no doubt, i'm a forum *****. This shall be bumped forever

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

mine as well friend

Phourc

01-19-2012

Geeves would be the person to ask, but I have yet to find the correct mixture of reverence, cookies and/or sexual favors to make him appear.

WTB the secret of summoning Geeves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paníc View Post
When dominion was being released, riot made several posts stating and suggesting that dominion would almost certainly be the new most played map, and would turn into a very competitive game mode.
They implied it would be very popular, but always maintained that SR would always es #1. However, they didn't mention it would sometimes feel like TT's redheaded stepchild xP

And, as I sometimes like to point to, here's the last we've heard about upcoming changes (circa a month and a half or so ago) - feel free to click back to that thread, it does have some interesting posts in it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I'm not part of the live team so unfortunately I'm not up to date on their QA pipeline, thus it's risky for me to say stuff is coming soon or not. My high level priorities right now are:

1) Continue the re-evaluation of the respawn system. We likely need a replacement to the window approach to get rid of some of the odd incentives it creates, but I'm unsure what the correct solution is that still hits the original goals the respawn windows were created to solve.

2) Spice up bot lane some more. My theory is that some small adjustments to how vision is given on the bottom lane may help make the area more palatable to non-standard strats, but talks are ongoing.

3) Add more caster items.

4) Generally try to improve the reinforcement in positive actions. This is an across the board goal that touches on a lot of things - kills, captures, quests, etc. - and extend from subtle UI improvements to larger scale system changes like the respawn rework in #1.

5) Continue to evaluate champion balance and be on watch for whether item solutions are sufficient.

Those are just my priorities though.

PetalDance

01-19-2012

bump

PetalDance

01-20-2012

bump

Kiddalee

01-20-2012

Censorship

Phourc

01-20-2012

Well, I feel silly for posting all that, was hoping to get some interesting discussion going xP

Kiddalee

01-20-2012

I think the recent patch is significant to Dominion. Rammus, Shaco, Vayne, and Tryndamere are considered OP on Dominion; therefore, all of their nerfs have obvious Dominion-specific consequences.

Rammus's nerfs are more significant to Dominion than to Summoner's Rift. His Powerball nerf reduces his map control but not his initiating power. His Ball Curl nerf makes him less overwhelming to Dominion's AD-heavy teams; but it may be a buff in disguise on Summoner's Rift, since it grants him fewer accidental kills that he meant to give to his team.

Shaco's nerfs reduce his map control. Shaco could cover the Crystal Scar with boxes as easily as Teemo could cover Summoner's Rift. I haven't figured out how much has changed, but it has changed.

Tryndamere is less of a hypercarry now. He even has less damage reduction, a trick which gives him an edge against Dominion's AD-heavy teams.

Vayne has less mobility and utility.