Today in Copyrights, about SOPA,

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

01-19-2012

My law professor subtly blasted all you morons going on about SOPA doing this and that.

"Unless the person commentating on SOPA includes a direct quotation to the proposed legislation, do not believe a single word they say."

I lol'd inside.

Oh dear, did I lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-19-2012

Sounds like he doesn't understand how computer and network systems work in comparison to how the law is written....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapitaFK

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Sounds like your law professor's never used the internet before.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Sounds like he doesn't understand how computer and network systems work in comparison to how the law is written....
No, sounds like he knows how the law works and you people have no flipping idea of how to read English.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaFK View Post
Sounds like your law professor's never used the internet before.
That's an amusing charge, which is clearly false just based on the fact that he sent me an e-mail yesterday.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raging Hipster

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
My law professor subtly blasted all you morons going on about SOPA doing this and that.

"Unless the person commentating on SOPA includes a direct quotation to the proposed legislation, do not believe a single word they say."

I lol'd inside.

Oh dear, did I lol.
Well, it is still serious. Maybe I will learn something from this, like, half the people who talk about SOPA don't know what it is, except for the censorship.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapitaFK

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
No, sounds like he knows how the law works and you people have no flipping idea of how to read English.
I'd still much rather believe what TotalBiscuit and the major supporters of free media say over your law professor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapitaFK

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
No, sounds like he knows how the law works and you people have no flipping idea of how to read English.
I'd still much rather believe what TotalBiscuit and the major supporters of free media say over your law professor. You know... because TB actually has a degree in law and actually has first-hand experience in the industry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaFK View Post
I'd still much rather believe what TotalBiscuit and the major supporters of free media say over your law professor.
Lol. A Intellectual Law professor who's been teaching law for the past 20+ years at one of the best law schools in the US is less qualified than TotalBiscuit and other non-lawyers to comment on US legislation, that's a good one.

Not to mention he only said "Unless the person commentating on SOPA includes a direct quotation to the proposed legislation, do not believe a single word they say." In fact, he refrained from giving an opinion on the bill whatsoever.

So you believe that when a person comments on a bill without refering to specific provisions in the bill, you should believe everything that person says, eh? You're an idiot.

For example, you probably believe that "the US Constitution guarantees separation of church and state." <-- derp much? Have you ever read the Constitution? Never mind religion and church is never mentioned once in the Constitution, until you get to the Bill of Rights which wasn't even existent when the Constitution was ratified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaFK View Post
I'd still much rather believe what TotalBiscuit and the major supporters of free media say over your law professor. You know... because TB actually has a degree in law and actually has first-hand experience in the industry.
-1 for thinking law professors don't practice law or propagate important commentary on the intersection of law, policy, and society.
-1 for thinking TB, who is educated in Britain, is qualified to practice law in the USA.
-1 for thinking TB's experience in Britain qualifies him to comment on US law

I'd downvote you three times, but I can't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapitaFK

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Lol. A Intellectual Law professor who's been teaching law for the past 20+ years at one of the best law schools in the US is less qualified than TotalBiscuit and other non-lawyers to comment on US legislation, that's a good one.

Not to mention he only said "Unless the person commentating on SOPA includes a direct quotation to the proposed legislation, do not believe a single word they say."

So you believe that when a person comments on a bill without refering to specific provisions in the bill, you should believe everything that person says, eh? You're an idiot.
Yes, I'll take TB's words over your professor for the same reasons why I don't trust a bunch of old non-tech-savvy baby boomers to make the calls for a generation that's well beyond their years.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaFK View Post
Yes, I'll take TB's words over your professor for the same reasons why I don't trust a bunch of old non-tech-savvy baby boomers to make the calls for a generation that's well beyond their years.
So you believe anything someone tells you, without reference to the facts which may or may not support their argument, just because they haven't crossed an arbitrary threshold of age?


123