Shyvana Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExodusXcheese

01-19-2012

Hey i have a couple of questions in regards to some strategies with Shyvana. Now I want to know is it better to build her as a tank or as a dps? Cuz ive done alot of reading and i'm hearin that building her with AS and CDR with AD and some def is the way to go with her, but every game I go in people are telling me to build her like a tank purely... but from my understanting of how she works having more AS with CDR = more ability usage = more ulti usage which from my unserstanding again is the way to go. So what do you all think is best to go for her in terms of Runes and Items? lemme know what y'all think.

Zaelers

01-19-2012

She's best built as tanky DPS, generally a solo top, though can jungle as well.

Items I would go, and what I see frequently are:

Wriggles > Boots (Depending on team) > Wits End > Warmogs

Then from there you have a couple choices, should the game last long enough. You can build more tanky towards specific characters for MR or Armor, or build a little more damage. I would go for Trinity Force then either a GA, Atmas, or FoN. But you can do any of those 4 for your last 2 I would say.

Runes should be AD Quints, ArPen Reds, flat Armor Yellows, and MR per level blues.

There's my two cents.

DemonMastr66

01-19-2012

She is definitely best built as a tanky dps that either goes solo top or jungles, and i think the best items on her would be:
Doran's Shield/Blade > Phage > Boots (either mercury's treads or ninja tabi if they have many AD champs) > Wit's End > Frozen Mallet

Then go for either defensive items based on what kind of champs they have (ie. randuin's, thornmail, FoN), or if you're doing really well some offensive items (ie. Atma's Impaler after you finish your Frozen Mallet, Brutaliser, etc...) The reason why I highly suggest Frozen Mallet on her is that, while she has great damage, apart from her ultimate she has no CC at all. As she needs to be close to a champion to do damage, this can be a problem, and Frozen Mallet will help by giving a lot of health (you will be close to the fight), as well as a massive slow to lock down your target

ExodusXcheese

01-19-2012

SO then CDR and AS are a no good, cuz I mean i can pop her twin bite like every 3 seconds and rage flows in enough for me to say the cd on my ulti is less thain a minute lol :P. But allright, I guess I should tru building her like a tank from now on.

skillpatrick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

I have noticed a fair share of people (Unranked) building all tank items on shyvana. As some one who plays her semi-correctly this annoys me to no end.

iRXS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

I like playing shyvana because of her fast clearing time and her non-passive role in the game. I like building wriggle/ghostblade/triforce as her core items because she would be an unstoppable anti-carry mid-game. She shines best at mid-game and winning before everyone reaches their late game builds increases shyvana chances of winning because shyvana is not great at carrying lategame.

Carados

01-19-2012

Ignore the guy who said start a Doran's Item for solo top. If you do, you'll be harassed out of the lane.

You want to jungle her. Same route as literally every jungler, gank a ****, steal enemy camps whenever possible.

Trinity Force, Wit's End, Wriggles, etc, are your core damage items. Get tanky as hell.

iSupaNub

01-19-2012

I have jungled Shyvana for quite a bit now. I may not be the best, but i'd say im somewhat decent with her.
Generally i build Wriggles Lantern > Wit's End > Warmog's Armor > Atma's Impaler and Trinity Force usually for my last item. I sometimes change it for a Force of Nature though. As for boots i almost always end up picking up the Mercury Treads. .__.
Oh! I've gone 14/0/15 on Shyvana once! C:
And for all of you people who go "Pics or it didn't happen."

ikillutwice

01-22-2012

I like going- starks, wits end, phage, then armor and/or mr depending on foes team

KPOP FANBOY

01-22-2012

One of the best ways to play Shyvana is building armour-hp items and attack speed items through a jungle route. I've been playing her since release and there are several pros and cons to each type of build.

Armour/Tank - Benefits greatly from passive and via dragon form and can act very actively in lane, clearing and pushing very fast. While adding in the mandatory attack speed items (Shyvana always needs AS), you can start dealing a fair amount of magic damage and take a lot of hits with Dragonform armour.

AS/Damage - Jungle AS Shyvana is in my opinion one of the fastest and best junglers in the game. Twin bite can clear jungle at level 3 in 30 seconds. Only downside to this great jungle is the lack of good ganks until level 6. Damage and attack speed here will benefit greatly because she deals magic damage based on physical damage.

Hybrid build - Make sure you experiment good with armour and damage, because you don't want to have any underpriviledged items and builds for each one. Each aspect of hybrid must be fully built, via armour. I've found this great in long games, where I need to change up to shred tanks and take more damage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In this build I built Lantern, Mallet, Madreds, Wit's End, Sunfire and cc Boots. I ended up shredding tanky sivir and Lee Sin, while going toe-to-toe with Tryndamere, with Shyvana's fire killing him off after Endless Rage.