Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


"I saw a guy unjustly reported on the Tribunal so I pardoned him"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrinceMichi

Senior Member

01-19-2012

_██_
(ಠ_&#3139 must say.... tribunals are in dire need of fixin'


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobli

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Whitemoon:
I think it might be because cases like that are even making it on the Tribunal to begin with, it loses some credibility. People who are getting reported for no reason, pretty much the thing people feared about Tribunal before it was even released; Trolls abusing it. Whether or not these innocent people get banned, the fact they show up is kinda daunting.

The tribunal is there to sift trough valid and invalid reports. There would be no point if everyone who even got to the tribunal were a contender for ban quote of the year.

Riot has systems that deal with report spammers, and things of that nature.
Only the lowest levels of punishment like warnings are automated. So a Riot employee will look trough a potential ban decision, and i have yet to see someone legitimately argue against a ban that has been imposed on them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenshinmon

Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Ech0e5:
I'm inclined to disagree. Punish Spam is NOT an ideal way to get quick IP. If I spend the minimum 1 minute required before I can pass my vote, and click punish every time. Even if I vote the majority on every one, that's only 75 IP for 10 minutes work. And considering how many honest people do the Tribunal now, it is highly unlikely that they will turn a profit. I propose Riot remove the IP gain. I personally could care less about the gain, I do it, and I assume others as well, simply because we are tired of getting screwed over by these people in our games.


'only 75 ip in 10 minutes'...

its takes a 20+ minute long game WIN to get that much without wotd. just saying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pen15Mightier

Senior Member

01-19-2012

That other game used to have a community run ban system (banlist) to police it's own players...Want to know how successful it was to have the people who play the game police themselves?

QUITE SUCCESSFUL...Just look at all the people who cry to get off the list...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ech0e5

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Tenshinmon:
'only 75 ip in 10 minutes'...

its takes a 20+ minute long game WIN to get that much without wotd. just saying.


That is true only IF you get every vote as the majority. And I enjoy playing 20 minutes a lot more that waiting for my screen to load.

My point is, as more and more people are pardoning false reports, and since fewer and fewer reports per game are required to actually end up in the Tribunal, the AutoPunish Spammers will fade.

I mean it's so common to see 2 Games, 1 Report in each, for two separate reasons, and see almost no game chat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Tobli:
The tribunal is there to sift trough valid and invalid reports. There would be no point if everyone who even got to the tribunal were a contender for ban quote of the year.

Riot has systems that deal with report spammers, and things of that nature.
Only the lowest levels of punishment like warnings are automated. So a Riot employee will look trough a potential ban decision, and i have yet to see someone legitimately argue against a ban that has been imposed on them.


This.

Furthermore, I honestly don't understand this whole "Everyone just spams Punish" thing. I know there are some people out there who do. Just like there are some people out there who use soy milk with their cereal. That doesn't make them the majority. In fact, the only information we have on how many people do this sort of thing comes from Riot, and they say it's extremely minimal. I happen to trust them when they say that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Uprising

Recruiter

01-19-2012

Quote:
Saul of Tarsus:
If you listen to people complain about the tribunal, you'll notice that they never mention there is even a pardon button. It's like they're only focusing on the worst possible scenario and never even considering the possibility that everyone that uses the tribunal isn't a giant d-bag.


Its bad that you get people that are unjustly reported to the tribunal because they are judged by a measurement that the average league of legends player would fail. Imagine if you banned everyone with a "negative attitude" or saying the word "noob". I'm not saying the game wouldn't be a better place, but you would also be banning at least a fourth of the population.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Whitemoon:
I think it might be because cases like that are even making it on the Tribunal to begin with, it loses some credibility. People who are getting reported for no reason, pretty much the thing people feared about Tribunal before it was even released; Trolls abusing it. Whether or not these innocent people get banned, the fact they show up is kinda daunting.


So why even implement pardon as an option if only guilty parties should make it to tribunal? People are found innocent in court all the time... is that daunting as well?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DriftingSmoke

Senior Member

01-19-2012

94% punishment rate. 6 people hitting pardon does not make up for 94 people hitting punish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
The Castigator:
94% punishment rate. 6 people hitting pardon does not make up for 94 people hitting punish.


Castigator the masturbator STRIKE AGAIN