@ Riot...What is up with Matchmaking in Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PetalDance

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekka View Post
I just had 7 games today in Dom and all of them had people who have never played before. I have over 200 games in Dom and I am constantly being paired with teammates who have never played before and it is getting to be more than a nuisance.

You never found out who they are until the game starts and they NEVER ask for help, pointers / tips, so its not like I am unwilling to mentor a new player. They ALWAYS chase kills and these games ALWAYS end in a loss. Why must I be paired with ppl who have less than 150 games- that should be my choice if I am playing on a created team.

This is so frustrating. Not all of us have friends who are interested in this game enough to play with us every day, so I must pub. It is so tiresome to lose because of one person who had never played before and wants no help but yet has no clue as to what they are doing / or what to do in a situation.
your dominion rating is 1056, this is why you see new players.

Hugs From Momma

01-19-2012

Had a game last night where I was the only level 30 on my team while the enemy team had 2 30's, and like a 6,14,and an 18.

I hang around 2,000 ELO, and they showed as being around 1500 so go figure that one out...

PetalDance

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
Had a game last night where I was the only level 30 on my team while the enemy team had 2 30's, and like a 6,14,and an 18.

I hang around 2,000 ELO, and they showed as being around 1500 so go figure that one out...
So the enemy team had a single more level 30 than you? That's not a big deal if you are 2k elo on dominion anyway. It's about balancing, the longer the queue, the bigger the elo range.

edit; not to say the teams are fair, but only so much can happen with how few play dominion

Brightmore

01-19-2012

To point out Group Queue match making is terrible in this game, particularly with groups larger then two.

I mean terrible, you get massive up queues or down queues. This problem exists in rift but to a lesser extent, because there are more people to be matched up against.

Hugs From Momma

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paníc View Post
So the enemy team had a single more level 30 than you? That's not a big deal if you are 2k elo on dominion anyway. It's about balancing, the longer the queue, the bigger the elo range.

edit; not to say the teams are fair, but only so much can happen with how few play dominion
Yeah, it just highlights how far it has to go to make a match if it's clumping level 8s with 30s in any fashion.

FWIW, we won...

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Before I could see the elo , I thought MM was terrible... Now i know.

yesterday I played against FDRU who has around 21xxx elo, and he was blaming his team to be useless. SO i decided to check elo.

HIs average elo team was 18xx with several 14xx and 15xx plaeyers. My team was 20xx average elo mostly all 20xx elo.

WHAT"S UUUUUPPPPP?????

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Matchmaking is based on ELO. Yours happens to be low enough that people with zero Dom games have more than you, so you are matched with them, regardless of the number of games they've played. Whether you deserve that or not is a separate matter, but I'd advise trying to get a group together to try to dig your way out and wish you luck.
Not always true at all. That is how match making is SUPPOSE to work, but it doesn't always do that.

PetalDance

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Not always true at all. That is how match making is SUPPOSE to work, but it doesn't always do that.
That's like saying apples are meant to be eaten but sometimes don't get eaten.

Generally similar elos get grouped, although matchmaking usually prioritizes level groups as well. Plus arranged groups get boosts. It's pretty elaborate, but largely it's elo.

edit; obviously sometimes errors occur, largely in longer queues.

daveuh

01-20-2012

It's always the same issue, people from riot working on this matchmaking don't play the game. They don't know what it's like to play with brain damaged players. They don't know what it's like to watch your team playing lego.

xGvPx

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
You would dodge Soraka? Soraka going bot is a beast, and helps top at the same time. There's no one I'd rather see on my team bot.
Honestly? She's your top bottom pick?

Soraka is squish and has no range, runs into same issues as Ashe early but Ashe at least has a global and does damage. Soraka's healing is great in SR but just doesn't add enough IMO for Dom. I'd much rather see a Janna top, or a Sona, and a Hemierdinger or Yorick bottom, since Janna can escape poor positioning and Hemi/Yorick have better range/tank more.

Quote:
And the thing is, groups are much much more powerful than players who don't know each other. Do you really think these advantages shouldn't be handicapped for?
Correct, I don't think the game should add artificial ELO to normal. All it does is increase the chance of one side having a player who is a LOT higher in ELO than anyone on the other team.