Nice Players in Dom.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Are we rare D:

maxusmaximus

01-19-2012

theres no time to be nice and theres no time to rage

PrometheanRage

01-19-2012

most people are, i have found.

Basoosh

01-19-2012

The gamer rage is so much milder here than on SR. It's one of the driving reasons I made the switch, actually. I started noticing that I always left a Dominion game happy, even after a loss. People said GG and that was it. Sometimes someone would give a "Dis Poppy" type of comment, but people don't often get hung up on it. But win or lose on SR, someone's always gonna be pissy.

There's just no time to be mad here. And if you somehow find the time, there's not enough time to carry on a lengthy argument.

Euthrosyne

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
The gamer rage is so much milder here than on SR. It's one of the driving reasons I made the switch, actually. I started noticing that I always left a Dominion happy, even after a loss. People said GG and that was it. Sometimes someone would give a "Dis Poppy" type of comment, but people don't often get hung up on it. Win or lose on SR, someone's always gonna be pissy.

There's just no time to be mad here. And if you somehow find the time, there's not enough time to carry on a lengthy argument.
Seconded. The type of gameplay has a huge effect. You play more games, for one, so losses aren't as time draining, and because each person has a direct effect on the gameplay instead of a carry format, everyone's a bit more relaxed than SR.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

I rage less on Dom too.

lbgsloan

01-19-2012

People don't talk much at all on Dominion, only pings. And that's just fine with me. The only people I want to listen to are my friends on voicechat. Started doing tribunal again, and the rage in those logs reminds me why I can't play SR or TT ever again. People take losses there like someone shot their dog and burned its corpse.

Nunkuruji

01-19-2012

Every 5-6th game or so, I'll run into venomous players, typically on both sides of the teams, who can't stop insulting each other with the grace of a 12 year old.

Stralucire

01-19-2012

I see some vitriol now and then. It doesn't go anywhere unless someone else is also willing to take the bait. Takes two to tango and all that. Usually that one person rages a little and then shuts up and everyone moves on.

As for actually nice, kindly outgoing players? Yeah, super rare. They're rare in every online game. Which is a real shame. There's an expectation that people will act rancid and catty while they're online, and a lot of people feed in to this, even if they're nice people in real life. Which makes other people vicious in defense, which etc. Dangerous cycle. Needs to go. Spread some love, people.

EMeta

01-19-2012

I agree with above commenters. One of the main reasons I always play dom is it's lack of rage. I just don't need that in my life, & I'm not consistent enough at SR to avoid it there. I'm just looking for fun in my free time.