Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So why is Elo...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

01-19-2012

I want to know how much elo Sauron's team gives I played a super-fun string of games against them one day and ended up .500 (they blew us out once, but otherwise, the games were like 20-0 and stuff). I'm sure I netted a bunch of elo that day!

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-19-2012

Quote:
brainlizard:
I want to know how much elo Sauron's team gives

Depends - winning solo is a huge gain, while winning with a premade is not so much.

ShawNuff

01-19-2012

Quote:
DivineBovine:
So important here?.? Like...I don't see anyone gloating about their high elo but I do see people blaming low elo members of their team for losing the game D:

Dominion elo for people that haven't played much is still tied to their normal elo it seems. Its kind of unclassy, but I've seen players feed 0-10 with some kind of assasin character (you know, the ones that can "secure" kills really easily) and then trashtalk all day because they were higher elo than their teammates/other team. Queue times for decent players are often pretty long, so when you actually get in game you can see a high variance in the elo of the players.

Sauron

01-19-2012

Quote:
brainlizard:
I want to know how much elo Sauron's team gives I played a super-fun string of games against them one day and ended up .500 (they blew us out once, but otherwise, the games were like 20-0 and stuff). I'm sure I netted a bunch of elo that day!

At 2124 elo, beating our team would probably give you 8 to 12 rating. This is mostly because our average when we're together is about 2200.

brainlizard

01-19-2012

Quote:
Sauron:
At 2124 elo, beating our team would probably give you 8 to 12 rating. This is mostly because our average when we're together is about 2200.

I'm averaging about +15 per win, and I'm pretty sure that being a premade causes you to be treated as a higher elo, so I must be making more than that, right?

At least I can't think of any other games where I've been so clearly on the underdog team. The group of solo queuers I was with was definitely "stepping it up" since we'd been matched with you guys several times in a row (you thrashed us the first game in what was the most lop-sided high elo match I've ever been in ).

Anyhow, regardless, it was lots of fun and you guys were very cool about it all

DivineBovine

01-19-2012

*is giggly happy that the thread is going strong :3!

K J

01-19-2012

Being premade will cause matchmaking to pit you against stronger teams, but the ELO adjustments for winning and losing are based on the teams' average ELOs without any adjustments. Matchmaking is generally good about placing teams with similar average ELOs (+-50) but sometimes a low-level 5-man will get stuck with a ~200 average deficit.