So why is Elo...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

So important here?.? Like...I don't see anyone gloating about their high elo but I do see people blaming low elo members of their team for losing the game D:

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Why is ELO important in ranked?

Yaladilae

01-19-2012

i think the blaming part happens everywhere, so not exclusive to dominion

AbsolutePK

01-19-2012

Where can I see how bad my elo is?

Since we're on the elo subject, what the **** is elo?

maxusmaximus

01-19-2012

meh my last loss i checked the Elo of the jax on my team who was running around aimlessly through the jungle all game he was around 300 elo higher than me and was absent for around 80% of the game, never there for team fights would get there just after people died and then die himself, would start running top with the team to engage then turn around and go bot only to die.

Cauldrath

01-19-2012

Because there is no separation of ELO for premades and solo queues, and Dominion is extremely team-dependent, you can have people with much higher ELO than they really should compared to someone who just solo queues.

Xanthic

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Because there is no separation of ELO for premades and solo queues, and Dominion is extremely team-dependent, you can have people with much higher ELO than they really should compared to someone who just solo queues.
That.
Elo, regardless of what you may think. Is still an indication of how good a player is in Dominion (5 man premades being an exception cause MM matches them with whoever it feels like).
Having a match where your team is like 14xx-16xx and the enemy team is a 5 man premade with 1800-2100 Elo is just plain silly.

I'm glad the Elo bot arrived, cause otherwise I would've never known how stupidly broken MM is.

K J

01-19-2012

Ya know, Xanthic, I've got about 8 games played with you in my replay folder. Right now you're sitting at about 400 ELO above me, probably explains why we haven't played that much together; however...

In four of the games you were on my team and in the other four you were on the other team, and I won every single one of those games. In each of those games we either had a comparable KDA or mine greatly outweighed yours. The statistics speak for themselves. The only thing that knowing players' ELO does for you is gives you a feeling of superiority so you can blame someone else when you lose.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by K J View Post
a comparable KDA or mine greatly outweighed yours
Calling people out for k/d/a? Is that the key to winning big?* And do eight games out of 600 prove how weak or strong someone is in terms of Dominion?**

*Hint: I've lost with 30/4/6 and 20/2/22.
**Hint: I've lost twelve in a row before, and my ELO is higher than yours.

K J

01-19-2012

Calling someone out for their KDA when playing Wukong, Talon, and Nocturne is perfectly valid, and it's a hell of a lot less harsh than calling them out for running a glass cannon build on a melee champion and getting 1-combo'd by kassadin repeatedly.