Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

my ap shaco build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Josh123212321

07-18-2010

Well i was bored one day so i bought shaco and started playing him since i only have ap runes i played him ap and this is how i do it:
1 start off with meki pendant
2. Upgrade into the chalice of harmony
3. Buy the amplifying tome
4. Upgrade into the mejia
5. Buy boots
6. Upgrade into the 5 movement speed boots
7. Buy Blasting wand
8. Buyneedlessly large rod
9. Upgrade into Zhonya's Ring
10. Buy Blasting wand
11. Buy Amplifying tome
12. Upgrade into Sheen
13. Buy Lichbane
14. Buy Gardians angel

Suggestions?

Keegan320

07-18-2010

First suggestion: play shaco ad. I understand that you want to utilize your runes, but ad shaco will probably be even without fitting runes. only JitB and 2shiv scale with ap, while decieve, 2shiv, hallucination, and auto attacks apply ad. Just try it a game or 2. (sheen, boots swift, starks, BF, Phantom)
However, if you do stay ap, i would suggest maxing your Cooldown reduction, since ap shaco relies on spamming JitB and especially 2shiv

Hibbizabbi

07-18-2010

Quote:
Keegan320:
First suggestion: play shaco ad. I understand that you want to utilize your runes, but ad shaco will probably be even without fitting runes. only JitB and 2shiv scale with ap, while decieve, 2shiv, hallucination, and auto attacks apply ad. Just try it a game or 2. (sheen, boots swift, starks, BF, Phantom)
However, if you do stay ap, i would suggest maxing your Cooldown reduction, since ap shaco relies on spamming JitB and especially 2shiv

Shaco hallucinate also scales of ap on 1:1 i think. And with lichbane his deceive will as well. I think your build is fine.

hydes

07-18-2010

unless you have a really good start skip the soulstealer and get void staff 40% magic pen is never a bad thing, might also want the magic pen boots as well

Josh123212321

07-19-2010

well i almost always get first blood and with decieve and my boots i can nearly always get away so the mejia is a really good asset

Eppa

07-19-2010

Start with golem/lizard and you don't need chalice. Every shaco should know this.

pr0xy

07-19-2010

Way better to AD/AS/LF in this order of importance. Get in. Nuke'em. Distract. Get out.

Fluffy1

07-19-2010

spamming jitbs is the sign of a bad AP shaco, anyone who thinks ap shaco i about stacking jitbs in a bush knows jack all bout AP shaco.

AP shaco revolves around using two shiv active with its 1:1 AP scaling and throwing it at people's backs for25% extra damage making large numbers even larger. his teamfight utility is sending the clone into collateral damage like AOE spells for a heavy nuke, his clone now only is also 1:1 scaling but at rank 3 is 600 base damage alone, not hard to get this to a 1K AOE nuke.

The jitbs are an afterthought and are used just like AD's except AP shaco's jitbs will deal heavy damage alone and will usually drop a chaser low enough for a deceive +two shiv for the kill or at least take a chunk off that makes them fall back.

some of my build is inspired and adapted on from condons AP shaco guide, starting with a HP regen pendent combined with golem lets you farm with two shiv, jitbs and auto attacks very fast. in most games i out farm their solo carry and if far more reliable than ganking or jungling.when i have enough i buy sorc boots and an elixer of brilance which combined with my scalling AP glyphs and flat AP quints gives me around 70-80 AP.

once you have your ult the golem should be back, you can now start trying to kill people, toss shivs at squisies when they turn to fall back, 1 shiv will take off 1/3 or/1/4 or their HP, after 2 of these they will start playing safe so use decive to get a quick shiv in, can also do some quick tower dives if your fast enough with ignite and shiv. at somepoint you will need some mana regen when golem is down while generally a poor item on most heroes AP shaco makes use of the philo stone for most of mid game.

from here i work on a Z ring then either a void staff or a nashors tooth depending if they are stacking MR or not, if the game still goes on work on an archangels, you dont need the mana as much but the regen is amazing and will continue to give ou AP till the game ends. if the game is draging on and although your team is winning can seen to get that extra power get a meja's, wont take long to charge it on kills and assist. you can sell the philo stone at any point you feel you wont need the mana regen anymore.

but the key item in my build is the elixer of brilance, gives me cheap AP fast and lets me get above the curve to do critical damage to people. i average 400-500 AP each game which gives me more then 2 BF swords worth of AD when pushing towers down.

Josh123212321

07-25-2010

well i only play on 3v3s so i cant get the golem buff plus i spam the jitbs in areas where the top lane will pass through on a gank the decieve ans shiv