Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Could use some "new jax" jungle tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimmble

Recruiter

01-18-2012

I've recently just started playing Jax, after he got beat down with the nerf bat from what I've heard. But so far... i really enjoy jungling with him. Hes the first and only jungle I've tried and seems very strong at my level of play. But I know I can play him better if I could get a jungle 101 on ganking and runes, masteries. Thank you for your time.

Killzerz

01-18-2012

What nerf bat? You mean the buff duster?

Anyway:

21/9/0

AD quints and reds, armor/AS yellows, scaling-MR/AS blues.

EQ.----->Level 2 Gank.
EWWQ.----->Level 4 superior path.

Wolves--->Red. (Level 2 gank)
Wolves--->Blue--->Wraiths--->Wolves--->Red--->Wraiths. (Level 4 gank. Feel free to take small golems and B if no ganks present themselves.)

Items are variable. You can build so many items on him I think I'll just list those that can be taken in that category. I do like double Doran's Blades on him for early game, but it is your choice.

Core:
Merc Treads
Warmogs
Atmas
GA

Offensive Options (top 5 are most recommended but the other options are better in certain situations):
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper
Gunblade
Trinity
Rageblade
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet
Madred's Bloodrazor
Black Cleaver

The core is what I highly recommend though. Good luck and have fun! Gank often, gank early, and gank hard. I hope to see you on the Fields of Justice!

Warrrrax

01-19-2012

Not a nerf, but a rework. Jury is still out but he seems fine.

Jax CAN jungle now due to his passive. The extra AS for free at level 1 is really strong for jungling. As is the much lower CD of empower and leapstrike. Loss of perma-dodge is a bummer, but his other early game buffs more than make up for it.

Gimmble

Recruiter

01-20-2012

Thank you so much for the responses

iamblamb

02-16-2013

Hey, they're pretty spot-on with thier responses. Alot of people build him as a tank then build the damage. So alot of times you'll see the Warmogs first. Its not like a new invention or anything but I build machete into razors>merc treads>phage>trinity>furor enchant for boots>hextechgunblade THEN warmogs>black cleaver>impaler.

Results have been dangerously good.

ChiefClive

02-16-2013

Dat one-year necro.