Doing terrible in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mansa TChalla

01-18-2012

My first five games in ranked were with a team and people who wanted me to play ranked with them. I lost all 5 of those games... Then I started doing ranked by myself and won one and then lost the rest. I'm frustrated, I wanna get better but it's like im forever slated to be put on the losing side.

I need help, what do I do?

Sonfon

01-18-2012

Analyze why you lost

Saintshing

01-18-2012

dont start ranked until you have like 30 wins over loss in normal or you see elo 1300-1400 players in your normal game regularly
learn every role and every champ(at least know their skills)
get some high elo players as friends and duo with them
play solo mid or jungler
play only champ that you are good at
play champ that are considered op but no common ban, particularly those who can win lane without relying on ganks and those who have high mobility that can facilitate good gank

Kenbo Calrissian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintshing View Post
dont start ranked until you have like 30 wins over loss in normal or you see elo 1300-1400 players in your normal game regularly
Considering matchmaking is specifically designed to make sure your W/L stays at 50%, that's a poor suggestion.

DeathBySky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

1) Play normals till you get good (I'm doing that)
2) Use all that IP you got from normals on runes to have an advantage/even playing ground
3) Try a few drafts if wanted / for practice
4) ???
5) Profit!