Release date for LoL on Mac?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thoth

07-21-2010

They're using the Cider Conversion Engine for the Mac LoL, if I recall correctly. It'll run native on a Mac.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

Well, according to google you could get one for $45. I suppose it depends on the shop, you could call to just ask and compare prices. Might be better to just order online. Or find someone who can get you a copy*...

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CD4QrQQwAg

Galactic Pie

07-23-2010

thanks a lot! Much appreciated

Skylead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsychedelico View Post
Or find someone who can get you a copy*...
Something tells me he didn't understand this part. In any case, setting up and managing multiple partitions is really easy (provided windows isn't your main OS) I prefer using gparted (a linux partition manager) since it allows for dynamic resizing as needed.

Also heres to hoping they make a linux version from the mac installer since most the hard stuff will be done already (hooray for mac being unix based)

Galactic Pie

07-31-2010

I understood it, I just don't have a Windows installation CD lol

jptagman

08-15-2010

isnt summer almost over?.... sooo where is this mac version of LOL

RussTheHippie

01-01-2011

Hopefully this new year brings a Mac version of LoL and new players to a great game

M0ngo Like Candy

01-02-2011

Man i wish i had as long of a summer as riot does.

Aheadshow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Seriously, I'm actually kinda pissed, Riot's current justification for their lack of urgency is that Mac users can play LoL with boot-camp or VM-ware, the problem is the cost of the required Windows OS is like twice the cost of just buying HoN, which has already had a Mac client for ages. As far as pirating an OS is, well, thats just a stupid move.

If there are any Riot employees reading this, I want to play Lol, all my friends play it, and I'm more familiar with it than HoN, but you completely ignoring me as an audience is starting to get old, at the very least post some more updates on the state of the Mac client if it is even still in development. The last time you even mentioned the client was 7 months ago when you were promising it in time for season 1.

I'm trying to be understanding, but seriously, at least try and give us a new estimate for release.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-22-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...splay.php?f=31 The mac client is in testing. Theyre are still some bugs to work out. Until they are the client will not be fully released until then.

Pendragon talks about it at the end of this weeks Demacian Weekly podcast http://demacianweekly.podbean.com/20...ly-episode-12/