Release date for LoL on Mac?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galactic Pie

07-18-2010

Is there one? Id appreciate the help.

CoCaineCowboy

07-18-2010

Well I can't give you an exact date but I can tell you for sure that they are working on it as we speak.

Ven

Adjudicator

07-18-2010

Supposedly sometime this Summer. There's no official date as far as I know. I hear it might run in a Virtual Machine, not too sure though. Could always dual boot with windows if you need to play LoL on an Apple computer that badly.

xpsychedelico

07-18-2010

From what I last read, it should be out by the end of this year. It was meant to be out this Summer, but the coding seems to have proven to be more difficult than they expected.

In any case, if you're not already using a partition to play, I suggest you go to Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp and create a Windows Partition. You will need a Windows installation disc, and Boot Camp gives detailed instructions on how to do it. This will create a separate hard drive that runs on Windows, so it's like having two computers in one. You can use the partition to play other Windows games that are not Mac compatible as well, and you may remove the partition whenever you see fit. Note that you can't run both OS at the same time.

Virtual Machine allows you to do that, but I've read that some people find it buggy.

Galactic Pie

07-19-2010

Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it a lot. and @xpsychedlico, I have no clue how to do that, I'm okay with computers, but I'm better with hardware rather than software. :P

xpsychedelico

07-19-2010

It's very simple. I'm not very good at it either, but if you take a look at Boot Camp, it will prompt you to print out an instruction sheet (pretty thick!) that has pictures and very clear instructions telling you how to get it done. I followed it step for step and got it done. It's a lot more simple than it sounds. Just do as the instructions say and you're gold.

Galactic Pie

07-20-2010

yeah. I tried and failed :/ Turns out the Windows OS i have is actually just an upgrade for XP so I can't do it (

BrownEyer

07-20-2010

I mean, when they said 'in time for season 1' i hope they dont have to go too far back on their words - switching partitions is a hassle, not to mention taxing on the comp

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

Well, all you have to do is get a Windows installation disc, and it will work fine! If some of your friends are more internet savvy they could perhaps get you a copy*, or head to a computer store to get one.

Galactic Pie

07-21-2010

how much do you think that'll cost me? :P