Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sale: 50% Off Jax, Olaf and Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharkPiledriver

01-18-2012

What the hell is this new thing with withholding more recent champs?

Like every god **** turn you take another opportunity to be pricks.

DGMaster

01-18-2012

Can u put in sale next week atleast 3 6300? I would like Fizz, Leona, and ahri

ZestyChieftain

01-18-2012

I think what Riot has to understand is that their consumers are more savvy than they think. A champion's worth in RP/IP is determined mostly by Riot staff, and they think we readily accept those prices, which we do...I guess.

However, because of these weekly sales every champ is now worth only 487 RP regardless of whether or not they're on sale if you get my meaning. Say I want to buy any 6k champ, like Renekton. He may be worth 975 RP by Riot standards, but just the possibility of him ever being on sale means I will only ever pay 487 RP for him. Now in this light every 6k champ I want is now only worth 487 RP, and I think this is how most people think. None of my friends have ever bought a champ or skin for "full" price.

That being said just the sale is no longer incentive for me to buy the champs that are on sale. Riot has to realize this. It's not enough to simply put random champs on sale. There would be more profit in it for them if they put up more attractive champs. Of course we the players appreciate that you even do these sales at all, but that doesn't mean we're gonna pay RP for a 1350 IP champ. It's just not gonna happen...

Kebbige

01-18-2012

There aren't any ladies on sale what is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss

Antibreeder

01-18-2012

Galio? Alright.

Olaf? Well can't have all three 6300.

Jax...a 1350 IP champion? Why the frak is he even in the sale.

I hope Ashe is on sale next.

TheNeXShAdO

01-18-2012

No shyvana? riot please...UNLEASH THE BEAST!!

Tryphikik

01-18-2012

Putting a 1350 champion on sale is like putting nothing on sale.

The only way a 1350 champion could ever justifiably put on sale... is if it was an IP sale or at least more than 50% off rp. I mean otherwise anyone that can do math realizes it's just not worth it even at 50% to buy a 1350 champ with RP.

i is ryan

01-18-2012

IP REDUCTION ON CHAMPIONS

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions

If you guys take a look on the release date of champions and their IP cost, you can see that the next possible IP reduction done to any 6300 IP champion would go in this order:

EZREAL
KENNEN
MALZAHAR
GALIO

Ezreal was on sale about three months or so ago.
Kennen's been a long time.
Malzahar just very very recently went on sale.

and now
Galio.

So question is, could RIOT be possibly trying to trick us into buying 6300IP champs for RP, knowing full well that they're going to give an IP reduction to them very soon and no one with more brains than money would buy them for RP??

Riot can't be that sneaky right?

LastStaX

01-18-2012

well they could always not put up a weekly sale. Personally I think a simple monthly vote on what champions we would like to be on sale would take care of all this complaining; while helping riot show they are more in touch with their customers.

SlappindaBass

01-18-2012

why does everyone think every sale sucks? they don't have to put anyone on sale.......