Dominion, why don't you like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ILS Approach

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph289 View Post
Three of my favorite champions (Galio, Taric, and Ashe) are hilariously outclassed on Dominion. So yeah.
you know that galio and taric are actually pretty good in dominion right? taric is borderline amazing.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIakDiK View Post
you know that galio and taric are actually pretty good in dominion right? taric is borderline amazing.
My team was recently wrecked by a Galio as well.Not to say all Galio players are a threat, but it's not impossible to roll with Galio in Dom.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

in my experience people played a few games in beta and thought backdooring was the only way to win and most champions were not viable. I'd say it is mostly perception as neither of those things turned out to be true, but people still think they are.

Stimuz

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIakDiK View Post
Yep, but dominion isn't "borderline amazing" friendly. Mundo is almost good, Trundle is almost good and so on.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Yep, but dominion isn't "borderline amazing" friendly. Mundo is almost good, Trundle is almost good and so on.
It depends on the ELO. People don't seem to get it, but a good player with an okay champ is quite effective for a long time heading up the ladder. The time you really run into trouble is when every enemy is willing to min/max for .5% more or less of something; those guys will turn a slight champ advantage into a win, potentially.

Fiery Flare

01-23-2012

dominon is even more unbalanced than 3v3

Meister

01-23-2012

I played Dominion a lot when it came out, and I just felt like the game was too mindless. What I mean by that is that success is mostly determined by team coordination, so solo queue is just an exercise in frustration.

In SR I can control the creep waves, last hit, harass my opponent, counter jungle, gank enemy lanes, make dragon/baron plays or force team fights, etc.

In Dominion, I felt like my choice of possible plays was very limited. If my team has 3 points, then I should just be defending one of those 3 points unless the opponent does something silly and leaves one of their points completely open, in which case I cap it to take pressure off. If my team has 2 points, then I go to cap the enemy point that is most vulnerable. If storm shrine is up, I go it it. It seemed like there weren't enough choices of plays at any point of the game, so playing became formulaic/mindless.