Dodge Stat Removed in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lukeman3323

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

I dunno if it was a glitch, but I was playing a game earlier as Kassadin, and a minion dodged my Q. I feel that this is the correct place to post this issue. It was a one-time thing, but I feel that it may happen again due to a glitch in the code? I just feel like explaining it to any who may be reading this.

JustinBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Again, Completely absurd.

Do you realize this means that while you will have items that completely block SPELLS like Banshee's Veil, allowing out of combat passives like Boots of Mobility/Strut/Perseverance/Move Quick to stay on and blocking capture interrupt from casters, you're taking out it's equivalent for AUTO ATTACKS, DODGE, creating an imbalance and eliminating some tactics/build synergies and allowing a spell shield to stop a caster's like Annie/Brand's ulti, stun or spell combo but not the ability to dodge physical attacks like Tryn's or Xin Zhao's? How can you justify removing dodge when you have no problem with Spell Shields? If you want to change how dodge works that may be one thing but eliminating it is ridiculous. And don't go thinking spell shields need to go then, you're just eliminating different strategies from the game.

Anyway I just thought you should know as you have already lost this customer from purchasing RP again unless things change with the ridiculous decisions to remove Fortify and not even replace it with Garrison in Classic and since you got essentially bought by that "other" company and since Feburary NERFED IP GAIN (takes 1.4x as long to get) + had hidden raised prices (Riot itself has admitted (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...stem-breakdown) they now make you take 46.25 hrs to unlock a 6300 Champion of which almost all new Champions are and 4800 was promised not to replace 3150 but no new 3150s have been released since Feburary 1st 2011. Some old champ prices were lowered but only a few of which were 6300) AND IN ESSENCE PUNISHED ME WHO WANTED TO SUPPORT YOU AND WHO PAID WITH RP (bought skins for almost every Champion and often multiple skins for a Champion and I bought the Collector's Edition, which unlike other games didn't unlock every Champion in the game, not even a third and tho I wanted to support you couldn't afford to RP buy more than a few Champions) BUT STILL TAKING ALL MY TIME. It is ridiculous. Whether it's 92.5 hrs or 46.25 hrs to unlock a Champion, this is wrecking lives with your new infographic showing you set back the human race 1197 years every day http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1495692. I understand if something is free you want it to cost more to earn to encourage purchasing but this is really ridiculous considering a work week is only 40 hrs or less. This game is ruining lives and robbing people of the very time that would allow them to earn money that if Riot allowed them to make they could put into the game. Although I have bought countless $50 US, 7200 RP bundles l still I do not own every Champion although I own skins for all I do. Riot how many other games cost so much from players in money and time? I've basically given up LOL unless you can have mercy and give us our lives back in one or the other, preferably time. Don't make Champions take 2 weeks of doing nothing else in life to obtain even when people like me are still paying for the Champion skins and multiple of them. Please have some respect for people's lives otherwise I can't maintain this. League of Legends ruined my life money and time wise and due to this and how you treat someone who wanted to support you, slapping me even harder in the face taking out Fortify/Garrison, removing Dodge, I have disowned the game and will not put a cent more in it aside from using the nonrefundable RP I have left over in the game. Please Riot, respect your players, respect my time, I certainly pay you more than enough in money and hurts me that you are turning what was one of the best MOBAs worse and worse. I am astounded that as a customer who put in probably $1000 between my and my brother's account I should've found it HARDER to buy new stuff (skins) since Feb 1st 2011 due to the company's raised pricing and IP gain nerf combined, you take away Fortify and now Dodge. I even ordered and shipped the box copy from the USA to my 3rd world country, paying duties, shipping, double taxes and advertised it to my friends as I had great excitement and hope for it. I just don't understand how you figure it deserves to eat up more time than a real job (and take away ability to earn too) even when one pays for so much with RP. This is what it cost me to support Riot. And this is how you treat us.

CentennialFalcon

01-18-2012

R.I.P. Dodge.....you won't be missed *signed every ad carry*

saltytacotoucher

01-18-2012

people just want this game to be easier and easier

nightwalker001

01-18-2012

Could roit games leave the health gain due to ad items or ap items in jax's passive alone its what makes him such an awsome champion

Amariithynar

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Razza View Post
So why do the bots still dodge?
Bots are a snapshot of the stats of the characters from waaaay back. They don't get updated with the players.

DeltaDrifter

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander767 View Post
Why is everyone crying about Udyr losing dodge?

Not like, you know, he's a top tier jungler picked in most competitive games .

He really doesn't needs ANY buffs right now.
no, the point is more towards udyr still has his dodge though riot has been bragging about removing all the dodge stats from everyone except bots and jax.

and looking @JustinBlade's recent "post", not to agree with him completely, but where are new 3150 and 4800 champions? kinda silly that all the recent champions have been that dreadful sink of 6300 ip and most of them being mediocre at best. i mean, the last 6300 champion that seemed worth the time to get was malzahar, since his potential was outstanding and thankfully put in his rightful place of comfort. the rest since than have ranged from dreadful to meh, including leona since she was 6300 for a slightly less amazing amumu of whom is 1350.

Undesirable Gas

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBlade View Post
Again, Completely absurd.

Do you realize this means that while you will have items that completely block SPELLS like Banshee's Veil, allowing out of combat passives like Boots of Mobility/Strut/Perseverance/Move Quick to stay on and blocking capture interrupt from casters, you're taking out it's equivalent for AUTO ATTACKS, DODGE, creating an imbalance and eliminating some tactics/build synergies and allowing a spell shield to stop a caster's like Annie/Brand's ulti, stun or spell combo but not the ability to dodge physical attacks like Tryn's or Xin Zhao's? How can you justify removing dodge when you have no problem with Spell Shields? If you want to change how dodge works that may be one thing but eliminating it is ridiculous. And don't go thinking spell shields need to go then, you're just eliminating different strategies from the game.

Anyway I just thought you should know as you have already lost this customer from purchasing RP again unless things change with the ridiculous decisions to remove Fortify and not even replace it with Garrison in Classic and since you got essentially bought by that "other" company and since Feburary NERFED IP GAIN (takes 1.4x as long to get) + had hidden raised prices (Riot itself has admitted (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...stem-breakdown) they now make you take 46.25 hrs to unlock a 6300 Champion of which almost all new Champions are and 4800 was promised not to replace 3150 but no new 3150s have been released since Feburary 1st 2011. Some old champ prices were lowered but only a few of which were 6300) AND IN ESSENCE PUNISHED ME WHO WANTED TO SUPPORT YOU AND WHO PAID WITH RP (bought skins for almost every Champion and often multiple skins for a Champion and I bought the Collector's Edition, which unlike other games didn't unlock every Champion in the game, not even a third and tho I wanted to support you couldn't afford to RP buy more than a few Champions) BUT STILL TAKING ALL MY TIME. It is ridiculous. Whether it's 92.5 hrs or 46.25 hrs to unlock a Champion, this is wrecking lives with your new infographic showing you set back the human race 1197 years every day http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1495692. I understand if something is free you want it to cost more to earn to encourage purchasing but this is really ridiculous considering a work week is only 40 hrs or less. This game is ruining lives and robbing people of the very time that would allow them to earn money that if Riot allowed them to make they could put into the game. Although I have bought countless $50 US, 7200 RP bundles l still I do not own every Champion although I own skins for all I do. Riot how many other games cost so much from players in money and time? I've basically given up LOL unless you can have mercy and give us our lives back in one or the other, preferably time. Don't make Champions take 2 weeks of doing nothing else in life to obtain even when people like me are still paying for the Champion skins and multiple of them. Please have some respect for people's lives otherwise I can't maintain this. League of Legends ruined my life money and time wise and due to this and how you treat someone who wanted to support you, slapping me even harder in the face taking out Fortify/Garrison, removing Dodge, I have disowned the game and will not put a cent more in it aside from using the nonrefundable RP I have left over in the game. Please Riot, respect your players, respect my time, I certainly pay you more than enough in money and hurts me that you are turning what was one of the best MOBAs worse and worse. I am astounded that as a customer who put in probably $1000 between my and my brother's account I should've found it HARDER to buy new stuff (skins) since Feb 1st 2011 due to the company's raised pricing and IP gain nerf combined, you take away Fortify and now Dodge. I even ordered and shipped the box copy from the USA to my 3rd world country, paying duties, shipping, double taxes and advertised it to my friends as I had great excitement and hope for it. I just don't understand how you figure it deserves to eat up more time than a real job (and take away ability to earn too) even when one pays for so much with RP. This is what it cost me to support Riot. And this is how you treat us.
I didn't read the bottom half because it's tl, but Riot removed dodge because you couldn't rely on it. Spell shields you can because they WILL block it, unlike dodge. But yes, they should bring in some "Physical Shields" which work the same way as spell shields? 100% chance to go off, but not PERMA DODGE

getdunked92

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman3323 View Post
I dunno if it was a glitch, but I was playing a game earlier as Kassadin, and a minion dodged my Q. I feel that this is the correct place to post this issue. It was a one-time thing, but I feel that it may happen again due to a glitch in the code? I just feel like explaining it to any who may be reading this.

last night a minion dodged my hit aswell i was like wtf?

getdunked92

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLag Pro View Post
I didn't read the bottom half because it's tl, but Riot removed dodge because you couldn't rely on it. Spell shields you can because they WILL block it, unlike dodge. But yes, they should bring in some "Physical Shields" which work the same way as spell shields? 100% chance to go off, but not PERMA DODGE
ninja tabi blocks 10% of tryndameres damage?