If you're Calling about SOPA/PIPA...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Vosa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Here's some advice.

The song "Happy Birthday to You" is owned under an AOL/Time Warner Copyright.

Under SOPA/PIPA, sites including the lyrics or music to "Happy Birthday to You" is copyright infringement, and piracy. The site could be sued or taken down entirely... just for including "Happy Birthday to You".

You need one, concrete example of how overreaching it is... there it is.

"Happy Birthday to ██████████████████████████████████"

senate.gov, find your Senator's Number

Doctor Vosa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Bump for Birthdays.

Orbitir

01-18-2012

Also, any name brand, ie if you were to put on Facebook, or any site: I wish I had a Kleenex

say goodbye to said website

dirtpoor

01-18-2012

They dont even need real infringement if the content hoster is in collusion. They would just make the infringment claim (falsely) and then boom your content is removed from the host legally. It will be used against nay sayers that cant afford to fight the legal battles. Youtube and other major outlets would just cave into it and take **** down at every request so they wouldnt have to pay any money to fight it.

Philosoraptor

01-18-2012

SOPA may have been vetoed (as I hear but I heard it earlier to and it hadn't been yet) but PIPA is still being voted on

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
They dont even need real infringement if the content hoster is in collusion. They would just make the infringment claim (falsely) and then boom your content is removed from the host legally. It will be used against nay sayers that cant afford to fight the legal battles. Youtube and other major outlets would just cave into it and take **** down at every request so they wouldnt have to pay any money to fight it.
And groups that are taking profit from Hollywood and the music industry monopolies by making good music for no price (Ronald Jenkees, The Kings), or non-propaganda stuffed cinema

Doctor Vosa

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedSevnfold View Post
Also, any name brand, ie if you were to put on Facebook, or any site: I wish I had a Kleenex

say goodbye to said website
BRAND?! That's a LoL champion! QUICK, YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE CENSORED!