The ESA and E3 related to SOPA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moridin239

01-18-2012

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but I thought I'd bring it up now in any case.

We all know that SOPA / PIPA are bills that smother the freedom we have on the internet. We've seen the arguments against them.

Now, what some of us might not know is that the ESA (Entertainment Software Association) supports SOPA / PIPA. Unfortunately for us gamers, people are assuming that the ESA stands for the entire gaming community, or at the very least a majority of it. I find this to be misleading, and I'm sure you'll agree with me in saying that most gamers at the consumer level have an opposite stance when related to this bill.

Now, the ESA is the organisation that that runs E3, one of the biggest annual trade shows for computer and video game industry related content. I ask everyone here to withdraw their support for the ESA by spreading the word and asking game reviewers, developers and other content publishers to NOT attend or cover E3 so long as the ESA maintains it's support of SOPA.

TL;DR: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...-sopa-and-pipa

Bainemo

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin239 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but I thought I'd bring it up now in any case.
the intelligence level of people who make these threads

Moridin239

01-18-2012

I fail to see how that quote might indicate that I'm less intelligent than you.

Whether I'm intelligent or not is besides the point. If you don't feel like reading past the first line of my post, watch the video I posted as a tl;dr.