How i play an effective corki

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canc3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Corki is a great champion that can deal massive damage, and lower their armor for your dps allies to help finish them off. This is all based on my opinion of what corki is, and this guide also depends on runes, as well as how well you play a ranged burst damage champion. This is also a guide for laning without soloing, i don't like to solo with this champion because usually there are other champions that could use it more.

Runesi always prefer per level, because with the items i get at lower levels lasts long enough to get make it more useful than flat):

Crit damage Marks (makes your auto-attacking with infinity edge and gatling gun active very lethal)

Health regen per level Seals (The regen allows you to stay in the lane longer, i will explain later why i get regen instead of health for survivability)

Cooldown reduction per level Glyphs (the cooldown reduction will allow you to cast gatling gun more often, and that way you dont have to waste inventory slots on cooldown reduction, since this and blue buff will suffice)

Crit damage Quints (the bonus crit damage along with the mastery and infinity edge gives you nearly 300% crit damage, and with reduced armor and armor piercing mastery even the most heaviest character's will be taking massive damage)

In some cases i thought of trading crit damage for armor pen, but sometimes it doesnt seem necessary, but like i said earlier this is all from my perspective of playing corki.

Masteries: i prefer a 21/6/3 build, focusing in the attack damage aspects of offense, the armor and MR in defense, and Health and Mana regen in utility. The armor piercing talent is my favorite, because with gatling gun most normal champions wont be reducing any of your damage.

Summoner spells: My favorite spells are Flash and exhaust.

Flash along with Valkyrie makes it almost impossible for you to not get away (except for stun locks of course) Also Flash can also be used to initiate and Valkyrie to escape.

Exhaust is great for making you more effective than their DPS champions, because even if you're exhausted gatling gun can still be reducing their armor and dealing massive damage to their entire team. Exhaust also can be used to keep them in your gatling gun, and for survivability.

Abilities: My all time favorite ability corki has is gatling gun. it can be used anywhere from team fights, to pushing, and to farming, and with the armor reduction it can turn the tide of battle. With that being said, it should be obvious i focus in gatling gun.

Ability order:
Gatling Gun
Valkyrie/Phosphorous Bomb
Gatling Gun
Phosphorous Bomb/Valkyrie
Gatling Gun
Missile Barrage
Gatling Gun
Gatling Gun
Missile Barrage
Missile Barrage

I prefer one level in Valkyrie and Phosphorous Bomb at the start because they are both very useful, Phosphorous Bomb can be used to search bushes and to see invis, as Valkyrie can be used to escape from any situation. I prefer Phosphorous Bomb at level 2, but if your having trouble in the lane then Valkyrie would be more useful.

At level 8, you should level up whichever one is more useful in your situation. If they have a character that can go invisible, then Phosphorous Bomb would probably be the most helpful, but if they have no invis capable champions then Valkyrie would most likely benefit you more. Like i said earlier though, its all on your situation, how well the game is going, and your opinion on his abilities.

Item Build: My preferred item build centers around damage more than anything else, he has enough base health you dont have to worry about it too much, but if the game is going terrible you might have to improvise and stop the main build and add in some health items, but with Flash and Valkyrie survivability shouldn't be the most important thing on your list

I always start off with an elixir of fortitude and a health/mana pot. The elixir gives you life to be able to stay in the lane and survive early game, and it also gives you enough damage to make your Gatling Gun stronger.

Now depending on how well im doing in the lane and when my next trip back to the fountain is, decides on what to get next. If im not doing well and i need some support because the elixir just isn't doing it for me, i grab a doran's blade and tier 1 boots, along with possibly another elixir.
If im doing well and can manage being in the lane without any immediate support, i buy my tier 1 boots, start saving, and head back to the lane. (you may also upgrade the boots, but the upgrade depends on the opponents team. if they are caster heavy with disables, merc treads is the way to go, in most other cases berserker's greaves is the right choice because the speed will assist you later)

After you have enough gold, buy your BF sword (i prefer buying BF sword first because its harder to get gold later game if you dont have that kind of damage, whereas its easier to farm with less items earlier on) for infinity edge (if you are still having trouble and won't be able to farm for it, you should buy a tiamat, it will give help you long enough so that you may get your BF sword)

If you havent upgraded your boots, now is the time, but for everyone else you need to finish up your infinity edge.

If your still doing well and think you can make it to another BF sword, go for Blood thirster (the lifesteal along with the massive bonus damage it can give makes you very useful in taking out their squishier champions), otherwise grab a Tiamat now.

After bloodthirster it should practically be game either for your team, or theirs. But if somehow the game is still going, and your able to take out the squishy champions but not the tanks, then Black Cleaver is the item for you, making your armor reduction even more godly.

After Black Cleaver is practically open game, you should grab whatever item you need to make you more useful for your team. Tiamat's splash can help destroy their squishy champions all in the same crit, but if you need more survivability than damage at this point than Banshee's Veil and/or Guardian Angel are also very useful. (guardian angel can allow you to let Valkyrie cooldown to give you time to escape on your second chance, so that you wont loose Bloodthirster stacks)

This is all from personal opinion, and based on how good your teammates are. Trust your lane partner and work with him to make your armor reduction as useful as possible. Tell me how this guide works for you, leave some feedback, and feel free to tell me your opinion. Feel free to throw me an invite and play a game or two with me.

Goodluck in your games, and have fun. I hope this guide helps and i hope to see you all someday in game.

Marokeas

07-21-2010

Hmmm...crit damage runes and tiamat...
I dont play corki much, so i'll try this, but it seems like ur using some bad setup to start with.

My first question would be...does gatling gun crit? cause if it doesn't then a bunch of ur runes are going to waste since that's ur main damage right?
I would suggest getting health quints then, for the survivability which your guide is incredibly lacking.
Finally, crit chance (since u dont get much in your build besides infinity edge) will probably do alot more damage overall than crit damage.

Also, tiamat? really? the item i've never bought on a champ that doesn't need it? His gatling gun is an AoE already isn't it?

I think this build really needs a ghostblade, again i dont play corki so its just theory, but gatling gun-active ghostblade-gatling gun again seems like it could be a powerful AD combo.

Galtath

07-21-2010

gatling gun does not crit.

i disagree with this build, arpen is better then crit dmg imo, and corki NEEDS solo.

if he cant solo, he's a joke for the rest of the game.

gun fu panda

07-21-2010

I disagree with a lot of this guide.

1. You don't build enough survivability.
2. You get some mediocre damage items (IE is great, the rest...eh).
3. Your marks should be ArPen. Period. Your quints either ArPen or Flat HP.
4. You don't level up Q early game. It's your best harassment/kill tool early on. Max it first. Then focus on GG.

Redenbacher

07-21-2010

Although I don't question your effectiveness, that may have more to do with your skill over item build, which is a good thing. I think you're lacking in the survivability department, especially when going 21 points in to offense. I mean, starting out with an Elixir of Fortitude is a nice 300 HP bonus off the start, but only for 4 minutes. If you can't turn that in to a kill, it's wasted gold.

I've tried a few things, but one fact is certain, Corki is a fantastic farmer. If early game I know I'm going to be laning against heavy harassment, I'll grab Doran's Shield + HP Pot, then rush Catalyst. If I know I'll be able to last hit without much issue, I'll start with Mana crystal + HP Pot(s), and rush catalyst a little faster. Either way, by the time the laning phase is out and focusing on last hitting ONLY, I'll have a Catalyst, Boots 2, and BF Sword. From there, IF, then finish Banshee's if I need more survivability... otherwise, another BF Sword. I also try to grab Golem and Lizard whenever possible, and snagging a Fort pot whenever I have the extra gold.

Regardless, my performance with Corki has been limited by his need for a supportive team. Without a team with a decent amount of disables, and a tank to take off focus... you're a flying piece of scrap metal. As such, I don't play him much at all, since I primarily solo Q, or premade with a single friend - and dual-lanes with Corki don't make him nearly as effective.

hypershatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

with corki, in my opinion, is like this:

with all dps build:
- your a flying piece of scrap metal that does a lot of dmg if nothing atks u

with some survivability and less dps:
- your a durable flying piece of scrap metal that does sht dmg. but that doesnt matter anyway cause u have no CCs. so ur useless

with lots of dps and survivability
-somehow u managed to hax some gold. or every other player feed u like mad.

jusTthis exe

07-21-2010

does gatling gun trigger madred's blood razor's passive?

Canc3r

07-28-2010

no, gatling gun only deals damage based on your attack damage, and reduce armor of enemies hit. No on hit effects are applied, but you can still auto-attack with it on.

Canc3r

07-28-2010

And i specifically put several times its all from opinion, and i also said its based on how good your team is. I hate soloing with corki, so i always have a good friend or my brother lane with me. This build works very well if you have a person you know really well working with you to get the kills/assists needed to get IF early on. With this build i usually do very well, but i have yet to try it in a solo q game

xahhfink6

07-28-2010

Alright, your build actually isn't going too badly, but you would be much better off with either crit chance or attack speed in your marks over the crit damage, and corki, even with a fort elixer really needs the HP, and some MR runes could help as well.

That said, you should probably get the blackcleaver before you get bloodthirster, if you need lifesteal you can grab wriggles for survivability or just stick with the scepter until you can build it. You also really need some mana regen of sorts, try replacing your seals with mana regen per level, and possibly going 9/0/21 or 0/9/21.

Finally, you really really should be leveling your phosphorus first, it is a great nuke and farming skill throughout the game.