I need a new AD Carry...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hated

01-18-2012

i like something like merc treads with starks and vamp septer then 2 PD or 1 pd and Frozen after that game should be well over if not get the other pd or mallet.

With that you get like what 32%lifesteal and plenty of speed. You dont really need dmg items since without them you get up to like 170ish without any.

lbgsloan

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hated View Post
i like something like merc treads with starks and vamp septer then 2 PD or 1 pd and Frozen after that game should be well over if not get the other pd or mallet.

With that you get like what 32%lifesteal and plenty of speed. You dont really need dmg items since without them you get up to like 170ish without any.
That build will do zero damage against anyone with heavy armour.

Lemurialol

01-18-2012

You have two options to play sion well, and ONLY two.

1.) Go to your masteries, change them to AP masteries and change your runes as well. After that you will need to go buy AP items.

2.) Go rammus on dominion, because free weeks are not redundant at all. Or ashe because she won't be in the next 10 freeweeks in a row.. oh no.......

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

There is a lot of luck involved with Sion. He is very easy to kite and his gap-closer (stun), is very short range. So sometimes he can totally dominate, especially if you can get into pitched battles with other ADs with your Ult up.
But sometimes he can really suck, get bursted down before his Ult can do much and get kited around and picked off by Ezriel, Ahri, etc. This can be incredibly irritating.

----
The reason I go 2 PDs is because AD Sion already has a LOT of AD. He starts with a high base, with +20 from prospectors and should be maxing Enrage so by level 9 he has +65 more.
So unlike say Tristana who absolutely needs a BF Sword first, he already has TWO of them pretty much.
Therefore, AS boosting is the way to go. Plus the mobility is very important for chasing enemies and keeping up with them, plus general map movement utility. Crit already significantly boosts his DPS with the high AD combined with the high AS boosting.

Even with 2 PDs, Sion is almost at 200 AD, with a good 110% AS boost (160 with ult). Hence unlike Tryndamere for example, I put off the IE until after the 2 PDs. The chasing ability is just that good and his base AD is that good.

------
Merc treads are pretty much always taken. Theres just no good alternative in my mind. Cooldowns arent a big deal so ionic is out. Paying 500g for +20 speed is just inefficient esp with 2 PDs in your build. Zerker are efficient but you are building two PDs and have an Ult. AS isn't your weak point. Mobility isn't needed and doesnt work with your shield.
Tabi are so-so, but armor is easier to get than magic resistance. You can always get a +100 armor thornmail and really hoze them. Wheres the 2k +100 MR item with backlash? Hint: not there!

So, magic resistance to prevent burst and anti-CC to keep you swinging are KEY to ensuring that you get to actually USE your 100% lifesteal AoE effect!

Id recommend phage/mallet before Inf Edge honestly. The toughness is important and a snare is realllly nice.

-------

You usually want to either go with CRIT or flat Armor Pen, but not both. With armor pen, you want to stack up flat Pen as much as possible to keep their armor at close to 0. This is because Penetration works BETTER the closer you can get them to 0. 100 to 0 is TONS better than 200 to 100. So you don't want to half-ass it. That means Cleaver, Starks, Brutalizer/Ghostblade. This is more ideal for champs that have AD-scaling physical damage skills that benefit from APen and do NOT benefit from crit.

Crit is usually better for autoattacking champs like Sion or Tryndamere, Trist, etc. The idea is to get an IE and 260% multiplier so you hit like a truck...even if they get some armor reduction they still take tons of damage. They do most dmg from rightclickey instead of skills which cannot crit (exception: GP parley). Yeah you can still get a Last Whisper and the 10% mastery as its cheap and easy and gives a good bonus... but with 85% crit @260% dmg with 2.0 AS and 280AD... you don't NEED it. :-)

Both mechanisms work best when you go all-in and dont try to split them.

Doctor Tam

01-18-2012

You need to know when you can just go straight dps and rely on ult (meaning low - cc) and when you need to go standard bruiser with big hp items and atma's.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

I go fratma's then stack those PDs

ad sion is too easy to counter now I think. he's only a big threat with his ult up and if you can't kite him at all.

brossef

01-18-2012

ad sion is mostly a blind pick pubstomper, only doing really good if there team has no coordination and lack of cc, because the main thing ad sion has is his ult and all it takes is an exhaust/ignite, or any hard cc and all that damage dissapears. the problem with him is that you pretty much have to get like 2 phantom dancers or a frozen mallet or sticking to ur targets is impossible, ad sion is easily kiteable.

if you really want an ad carry id suggest a ranged they bring much more utility.

Stimuz

01-18-2012

I wouldn't say hes easy to kite, very few things that build double PD are. He's easy to CC and burst down as a team though. Also phage -> PD -> IE -> PD -> LW -> Entropy(if game lasts this long)

Osensei

01-18-2012

why no love for sanguine blade

helps to survive between cd on your ulti

ActionButlerGO

01-19-2012

Well, dear friends, I give you my thanks.

I tried out a Prospector's ->PD->IE build last night and performed much better than I had been. It was a very close game (we won with 30ish points) because we were wiped clean off the board once and the enemy was allowed to five cap, but we fought back and, literally, just after buying my IE, I was able to go on a tear across the map killing Teemo and capping Windmill, pushing to their mid, killing Ashe and Teemo (again) in a 1v2 and capping their mid.

I'm still of the mind that it might be time to switch from Sion to a ranged carry or a different melee, but it felt good to finally be able to contribute to my team again.