Mythbusters: Dominion Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tale Feather

01-18-2012

The scoring system didn't account for the current meta of the game, which is why people consider itself useless.

Honestly, I find the idea of a solo bot more useless. An ideal team should be able to rotate its people around to play to the strengths of their champions. Doing that correctly should distribute the points better among the players.

Granted, there are issues for over-emphasis point neutralization/captures and Martyr is annoying me in general.

But the main reason why scoring is so lopsided is how players are playing the game in general.

lbgsloan

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
The scoring system didn't account for the current meta of the game, which is why people consider itself useless.

Honestly, I find the idea of a solo bot more useless. An ideal team should be able to rotate its people around to play to the strengths of their champions. Doing that correctly should distribute the points better among the players.

Granted, there are issues for over-emphasis point neutralization/captures and Martyr is annoying me in general.

But the main reason why scoring is so lopsided is how players are playing the game in general.
It has nothing to do with the bottom laner, as roamers get screwed for score too. The 4 top 1 bot meta is lame, no arguement there; but the scoring system has so many holes it's not even funny.

Quote:
Heimer: I know this wasn't really the focus of the conversation, but while we're on the topic of myth busting. Nunu gets destroyed by Heimer. Please counter pick Nunu against my Heimer all day long.
Yeah, I tried this one time to see how it went. It...really doesn't work out. Nunu can slow the pushing down, but he can't push for **** himself; if he's eating the turrets he's not using it on the minions. Heimer can still push with rocket harass while Nunu has to choose between snowballing the minions or Heimer. You can just take smite on anybody and get a similar effect while not being useless as lane Nunu.

GoldenTakeshi

01-19-2012

I remembered a new one!

Bro, I totes won that game for my team! - I've seen this happen several times (heck, I've even said it a few times as a carry, sometimes jokingly) when the fact of the matter is... your carry got carried because they had the right combo of tanks and CC to keep them protected. In reality, you should love and appreciate your tanks and CCers that keep you alive enough TO carry.

On a side note, yes there are times when a player completely carries the team to a victory. It can be due to the fact that they got fed early, are an extremely good player, or just has the perfect champ to counter the enemy team. For the most part though, as much as you think you did everything, you should realize your team did just as much to keep you alive and killing.

lbgsloan

01-19-2012

Carries thinking they are pros because their team dragged them kicking and screaming to a win isn't unique to Dominion. On SR, who actually 'carries' early on? The support and jungler do. Even late game, the carries need babysitting yet they get all the kills because they build glass cannon. Good tanks and supports often 'carry' just as hard, but they never get credit because people use KDA as the sole measure of contribution in this genre of game. It's one of the reasons why the Dominion scoring system had its heart in the right place, but just can't account for too many factors and doesn't work out.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Its just not posible to keep track of valid winning moves in game, so the scoring system will never really work. They should just remove it and throw us some other statistics to look at but w/o ranking the players in the team for that, you either won or lost.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
Its just not posible to keep track of valid winning moves in game, so the scoring system will never really work. They should just remove it and throw us some other statistics to look at but w/o ranking the players in the team for that, you either won or lost.
Absolutely.

Imwetoddid

01-19-2012

I've seen this one too often - It's impossible to make a meaningful contribution, it's too reliant on having a good team.

DivineBovine

01-19-2012

Dunno what to add to this other than I LOVE YOUR MIND GOLDEN <3

Inkyjinx

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTakeshi View Post
I remembered a new one!

Bro, I totes won that game for my team! - I've seen this happen several times (heck, I've even said it a few times as a carry, sometimes jokingly) when the fact of the matter is... your carry got carried because they had the right combo of tanks and CC to keep them protected. In reality, you should love and appreciate your tanks and CCers that keep you alive enough TO carry.

On a side note, yes there are times when a player completely carries the team to a victory. It can be due to the fact that they got fed early, are an extremely good player, or just has the perfect champ to counter the enemy team. For the most part though, as much as you think you did everything, you should realize your team did just as much to keep you alive and killing.
I find this hilarious. Because its true and happened to me last night.

LeBlanc went like 22-5 and was all 'I'm awesome carrying noobs' - while failing to mention my Leona's 20+ assists from being her personal stun bot.

gg and queue another. *shrug*

DivineBovine

01-19-2012

Oh and something for me to add.

"You are a bad bot cause you can't hold against 2v1"

o.o If this is happening HELP YOUR BOT D:! or TAKE TOP D: or something. Bothers me when the blame is thrown on the bottom champion for not being able to deal with 2 champions.

Also, having reliable ganks from your team makes all the difference in the world for bot players. I know, I am one!