Mythbusters: Dominion Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maxijazz

01-18-2012

Score is a meter of how much you did to help your team win, not stopping the other team from winning. The people with the most points more then likely took the most points off of the enemy nexus while the lower score may have done things to keep the enemy from taking points off of their own. I believe Riot is trying to fix the score system to really show the contribution of players but how would they? They have given minions 2 points per kill for bot champions and point defense points for those smart people who don't run for a fourth cap.

PetalDance

01-18-2012

I agree to some extent that score doesn't matter, but largely in the sense that the person on bot is usually the lowest. Capping/defending points racks up score quick, so heavy defends and mobile champs tend to be at the top.

However score certainly can't be ruled out in terms of how good you are. Bad players (in general) will have lower scores.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paníc View Post
I agree to some extent that score doesn't matter, but largely in the sense that the person on bot is usually the lowest.
True. Martyr does add up, but usually it's bot that throws off the scoring system.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxijazz View Post
Score is a meter of how much you did to help your team win, not stopping the other team from winning. The people with the most points more then likely took the most points off of the enemy nexus while the lower score may have done things to keep the enemy from taking points off of their own. I believe Riot is trying to fix the score system to really show the contribution of players but how would they? They have given minions 2 points per kill for bot champions and point defense points for those smart people who don't run for a fourth cap.
Well they could just remove it since its completetly unnecesary. Showing us KDA, #caps, #interrupts w/o ranking the players would be enough, you either won or you lost, no need to give whiners tools to finger point.

JasmineChen

01-18-2012

good OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxijazz View Post
Score is a meter of how much you did to help your team win, not stopping the other team from winning.
I wish this were true. The scoring system rewards activities like:

helping a teammate cap a point (when you would be more useful elsewhere)
defending on or near the point (when you are better off defending nearby in the fog of war) piling on for an unnecessary assist when you'd be better off doing something else
dying on the point when it'd be a better idea to back the f up

.. but any of these things *could* be legit in certain circumstances. the game can't distinguish.

the score system is better than KDA for dominion but not by much. that and the 1st/2nd/3rd badges really detract from the format as a whole

AlexDnD

01-18-2012

So mad they nerfed Shaco.

Doctor Tam

01-18-2012

AP is slightly weaker becuase of the buff favoring armor pen, but Champion kit is really the important thing. Kennen, Kassadin, and Ryze are all very strong picks because of how their kits work on the map.

Eljer

01-18-2012

Score Counts? No, it is a terrible indicator of skill on dominion. Way way wwaaaaay to often do people sit around and wait for a cap to get points. If you win a fight top and there are three of you there, more often then not two of you should be porting back ASAP. Especially if people are low on HP. Score also encourages people to over extend to get kills and capture four points which is rarely the right thing to do.

Heimer: I know this wasn't really the focus of the conversation, but while we're on the topic of myth busting. Nunu gets destroyed by Heimer. Please counter pick Nunu against my Heimer all day long.

WaterD103

01-18-2012

Score is 100% useless.

firetruckgg

01-18-2012

#1 Myth: SR is harder then Dominion

there i said it....