Veigar in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenebrae Corvus

01-20-2012

I think that build could work on Dominion but you may find your damage output lacking. Maybe you should invest a little more on straight AP and less on defence. Additionally, Iionian Boots may be a better choice to maximize CDR. That way you will be able to cast more spells even if they hit for less damage.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

void staff is a big key
also i would use ionian boots because more event horizon does help alot

veigar's strong point is bullying other AP, esp. late game
void staff make sure things like abysal become totally useless

Red Smurf27

01-20-2012

Any Viegar without DFG just feels.....wrong.

Zeynothix

01-20-2012

While I don't have much experience playing Viegar, I've fought him a few times. I generally play Dominion as Riven, and her kit is pretty good at killing mages. As others have said, the key is the stun. If you can land it, and time your meteor well, you can put out some hurt. Still, after that he is simply very squishy while waiting for cooldowns. I can see him being a force to be reckoned with in teamfights, especially with that aoe stun.

Generally, when I'm playing an AD bruiser, I rank mages Ryze, Ahri, then Viegar. I almost never die to a Viegar, even 2v1, but the other two have a decent chance of killing me.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Against a heavy Ap team or against a Ap carry, Veigar can*and does* usually 2 to three shot. Outside of that...he is rather Cd dependent and fragile while off cd. Just make sure to stay back and let your initiators do their job :3

evilXkilla

01-20-2012

Strong pick. Large learning curve. Veigar is one of few (or only one) who has an instant stun and that matters a lot in fast paced Dom. Used frequently in high elo.

GrignardTS

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurialol View Post
i was wondering if this build would be viable in dominion? i am usually good at making builds but this is a little backwards for how Veigar is usually played.

Boots of Swiftness / Sorc Boots
Archangel Staff
Odyn's Veil
Glacial Shroud / Frozen Heart

by then the match should be over, however if it persists i would get, lastly, a RoA.

any opinions on this? or feedback (if u have tried this)

Thank you.
Personally I like rushing RoA, Sorc Boots, Guise and either Rylai's or DFG after.

I feel its like a median between your build and AP carry.

EinzigerAI

01-20-2012

His stun is amazing if you know how to use it correctly. I had a veigar last game I played that did some fun stuff with his stun and it was quite easy to secure a lot of kills because of it.