Veigar in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemurialol

01-18-2012

i was wondering if this build would be viable in dominion? i am usually good at making builds but this is a little backwards for how Veigar is usually played.

Boots of Swiftness / Sorc Boots
Archangel Staff
Odyn's Veil
Glacial Shroud / Frozen Heart

by then the match should be over, however if it persists i would get, lastly, a RoA.

any opinions on this? or feedback (if u have tried this)

Thank you.

Xanthic

01-18-2012

Veigar is just a mediocre pick and lots of other nuke mages that does the job better. Not only do you miss out on your essential Q minion farm, but his meteor is delayed which just makes it a hit or miss in team fights. His AoE stun is very good, but I wouldn't pick him out solely for one good skill when others can do the job better.

No matter how you build him, you're gonna make the fight 4.7vs5 in Dominion if you pick him.

Lemurialol

01-18-2012

Thank for the response, i would rather wait for more responses before disregarding him.

202halffound

01-18-2012

Essentially Veigar is a lot weaker in Dominion than SR, however, he is still playable. I wouldn't suggest buying him specifically for Dominion though.

Veigar's damage output is not as high as it is in SR because he cannot farm his Q as easily. However, his other moves, like the stun are extremely useful, probably the best CC in the game.

The meteor at first looks bad as it is extremely easy to dodge, however, the stun+meteor combo still exists. I haven't tried this yet, but the meteor will also be useful when someone is capping your point. If you meteor them as they are capping the point, then they have to choose between retreating or getting obliterated.

That said, Veigar is one of the squishest champions in the game, and in a mode where every champion does more damage he won't last very long in team fights.

Actually, Veigar is free this week, right? I'll play a game of Dom with him and report back with how it goes.

Lemurialol

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202halffound View Post
Essentially Veigar is a lot weaker in Dominion than SR, however, he is still playable. I wouldn't suggest buying him specifically for Dominion though.

Veigar's damage output is not as high as it is in SR because he cannot farm his Q as easily. However, his other moves, like the stun are extremely useful, probably the best CC in the game.

The meteor at first looks bad as it is extremely easy to dodge, however, the stun+meteor combo still exists. I haven't tried this yet, but the meteor will also be useful when someone is capping your point. If you meteor them as they are capping the point, then they have to choose between retreating or getting obliterated.

That said, Veigar is one of the squishest champions in the game, and in a mode where every champion does more damage he won't last very long in team fights.

Actually, Veigar is free this week, right? I'll play a game of Dom with him and report back with how it goes.
Alright thank for your input. I already have veigar, i used to play him alot when i started out however i play mostly dominion now and have not tried him there, or i may have once but not as a build which can take SOME hits.

Narog

01-18-2012

man veigar tryn kog maw or vayne can roll face so hard if veigar stun a couple of enemies tryn and kog can just do enough damage to make them run and end them .
veigar needs to be placed in a team comp if there is too much AP he will suffer til he gets void staff

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Veigar can win you the game with proper support and if he lands his skillshots.

TakinTheHeat

01-18-2012

It depends. Between his only two skillshots, there is A TON of room for failure. If you are exceedingly good with him(My problem when I played him was that I couldn't land my stun and then worry about comboing somebody and then saving my own ass. Veigar is a pretty tough little champ to play imo, but I imagine if you are even a little better than I am at him you will do fine. I was still an asset to my team, being able to almost Q>R the enemy Ahri. Thats another thing, pick him vs ap stacking characters. It really is nice to be able to make a fight 4v3 in seconds. I do not recommend taking him bot as he is easily outlaned. If you are forced to go bot, get an early tear and a revolver. After that just get the normal stuff, deathcap voidstaff, anything that allows you to come closer to oneshotting enemy champions. If you aren't as experienced as him as you'd like I'd highly recommend against getting DFG. It only further complicates things by adding another cooldown you have to wait out and it generally just splits up your damage when you could have spent towards a deathcap. Your targets are going to do regardless of whether you have DFG if you are focusing the right people.

good luck

On your build: No, I'm afraid that just won't cut it. Veigar doesn't do near enough damage without items to build like Ryze. That is one of the main reasons he is so difficult, you have to spend 100% into your offense or be relatively useless due to dying so quick. I mean, I GUESS you could build tank veigar and maybe deal enough damage to kill super heavy AP champs, and just be a stun bot, but it feels like you should just pick another character at that point.

I'd say the best you could hope for would be a prospectors and boots start, then head into sorc boots, deathcap, and maybe a rylais to help with that extreme squishy-ness.

lbgsloan

01-18-2012

He basically needs a team built around him, he's not someone who you can just play for the hell of it in soloq. As said, if his stun fails he's in serious trouble unless he has a disruptor around to save his ass. Enemy AP totals also don't climb as high on Dominion; lower average gold plus tanky mage items and CDR are more important than Deathcaps. This means Veiger's burst damage will be less useful due to less enemy AP, lower AP himself, and enemy mages being built tankier.

Alone, he's mostly ****. If his team sticks together his aoe stun and ability to one-shot squishy champions can win games. Problem is always sticking together isn't always possible or the best option.

Nunkuruji

01-18-2012

You won't have the time to charge AA or his Q that highly. The mana synergy items favor long games where you can charge them up (or Ryze, Singed, Crank). The Dominion buff makes MR items like Prospectors, Codex, DFG, and Tome more bang for their buck for classic mana resource mages, and give the much needed CDR.

I wouldn't solo queue him, but he always seems to have the potential for pain with good teamwork going in with a group queue.

For most classic mages like Veiger, I would probably build core:

Prospector's Ring, DFG (In general I find item actives to be pretty strong in Dominon)
Boots to needs

Then with counter consideration, any of:

Rylai(survival/damage)
Sweeper (survival/stealth/damage/finish CDR)
Deathcap(damage)
Lichbane(MR/damage)
Abyssal(MR/damage)
Zhonya(armor/damage)
Void Staff(pen)
Spellblade(tenacity)
WoTA (vamp)
QSS (dat malz/wick/poppy/etc)

While avoiding
AA
RoA