LoL community! - Job Interview Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbie View Post
Be smartly dressed, well presented, wear cologne (not too much), polish your shoes, wear a tie, iron your shirt, dry clean your suit. You have to look sharp.
This can't be emphasized enough. Put on a **** suit. If the company is larger than 5 people. wear a suit. You don't need French cuffs, a vest and polished gleaming wingtips. Just care enough to put on a suit. People too often think that just because it's not a fancy job they don't have to put on a suit. I've gotten every job I've ever interviewed for (granted, that's only like 3 jobs, the rest I got through family and friends) and I always wore a suit.

The thing about wearing a suit is not your appearance. It's showing that you care. A lot of times if you wear a suit to an interview you'll be better dressed than your interviewer and you even might look out of place (like when I interviewed at a steel fabrication plant for blue collar work) but it shows that you care enough to bother with your appearance.

R66Y

01-18-2012

Some great advice in this thread.

Another tip is to have a few questions in your pocket to ask them. Don't go in and grill them, but take the time to learn a bit about the company and come up with a couple of questions that you can ask them, either when it is appropriate or at the end of the interview. It shows that you have an interest in what they are doing and have taken the time to learn about them as a company, as opposed to just doing fire and forget resumes trying to land a job (nothing worse than being asked "why would you like to work for us" and responding "I dunno, what do you do again?").

GeneralSpank

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Ok, first of all, you probably do not want to open with, "I would really enjoy helping you sell your **** on Ebay". That... wouldn't end well.
Ok, first of all, WHO THE **** SAID HE WAS?

quit job play lol, best advice. you're welcome op

Dragoeth

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axecution View Post
Small business that imports **** and sells it on ebay.
Since small businesses have limited employees and interaction between employees is high, the person interviewing you is going to place a lot of the decision on how he likes you as a person. If he enjoys interviewing you he will be more likely to hire you in this kind of situation.