LoL community! - Job Interview Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axecution

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizwik View Post
just remember these fine points....

don't overextend
ward his office AND the hallway
last hit all your answers..

and don't pick a character you have never played....cuz job interviews are RANKED
hahah <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver arms
genrazn
lol

ImBahBz

01-18-2012

tell them to bend over and place your tentacle in them.

Dean Moriarty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Chances are if you try to game the interview, the interviewer will know and it will make you look bad. Remember that the interview is two ways -- your job is to see if you want to work for that person/company too.

Smile.

Remember that you don't need to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind when asked a question, and often you shouldn't. When being interviewed, it usually feels like a brief silence was quite long, and that makes people start rambling. No harm in taking a brief pause.

(and don't forget to smile).

In short, be honest, remember that it is not a one-way interview, smile, and don't ramble. Interviews rarely are held to select the best candidate, but rather to weed out the worst. Follow the basic rules and you won't get eliminated.

GeneralSpank

01-18-2012

Tell them your greatest accomplishment is getting a penta kill.

also tell them you're a cautious worker because you don't facecheck

you're also a team player because you can play any role on the team: AP/Bruiser/Jungler/Support/AD

you have good communication skills because you never rage at your team

you're reliable because you haven't left a game in months

you're talented because you got gold rank in season 1

job interview------>owned

Crosbie

01-18-2012

I'm a recruiter so here are some top interview tips:

- A firm handshake, with eye contact, is essential upon greeting your interviewers.

- First impressions do matter. Be smartly dressed, well presented, wear cologne (not too much), polish your shoes, wear a tie, iron your shirt, dry clean your suit. You have to look sharp.

- Listen to the questions, and understand it before answering it. It's better to say "I'm sorry, can you repeat that" or "I'm sorry, do you mean X or Y?" than answering the question with something totally irrelevant.

- If you're running late - phone them and explain you're running late. Stay calm. It's better to take your time and be composed than to arrive late, flustered, and blathering to try and squeeze out an explanation / apology. Call en-route, say sorry, then upon arrival act as though everything was on time.

- Take your time to explain yourself, but get to the point. Never waffle.

I could go on all day, but as long as you follow those basic guidelines you'll be golden.

GeneralSpank

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbie View Post
I'm a recruiter so here are some top interview tips:

- A firm handshake, with eye contact, is essential upon greeting your interviewers.

- First impressions do matter. Be smartly dressed, well presented, wear cologne (not too much), polish your shoes, wear a tie, iron your shirt, dry clean your suit. You have to look sharp.

- Listen to the questions, and understand it before answering it. It's better to say "I'm sorry, can you repeat that" or "I'm sorry, do you mean X or Y?" than answering the question with something totally irrelevant.

- If you're running late - phone them and explain you're running late. Stay calm. It's better to take your time and be composed than to arrive late, flustered, and blathering to try and squeeze out an explanation / apology. Call en-route, say sorry, then upon arrival act as though everything was on time.

- Take your time to explain yourself, but get to the point. Never waffle.

I could go on all day, but as long as you follow those basic guidelines you'll be golden.
You're doing it all wrong. Look, here is the correct information you need:

Tell them your greatest accomplishment is getting a penta kill.

also tell them you're a cautious worker because you don't facecheck brush

you're also a team player because you can play any role on the team: AP/Bruiser/Jungler/Support/AD

you have good communication skills because you never rage at your team

you're reliable because you haven't left a game in months

you're talented because you got gold rank in season 1

Epik High

01-18-2012

eat a orange and it will be k

I Enjoy Support

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axecution View Post
I've got a job interview tomorrow and I'm nervous as heck.

Aside from the obvious ie; not mentioning I've played 6000+ games of LoL. Anybody have advice?

Also it's a job that involves selling products on eBay (mailing, managing invoice, etc)
I personally do inventory control for a company that ships and handles hazardous materials (chemicals, usually)

My best advice? Mention that you are handy with a computer, but don't say that you play the vidyas.

Also, sleeping before work is generally a good idea...I should follow my own advice on that part.

ActionButlerGO

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axecution View Post
Small business that imports **** and sells it on ebay.
Ok, first of all, you probably do not want to open with, "I would really enjoy helping you sell your **** on Ebay". That... wouldn't end well.

Kinnisftw

01-18-2012

Whats a job?