I'm gonna hurt someone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragoeth

01-18-2012

Parked my car at my apt complex and went inside for 15 minutes. When I went back outside I found my car on the other side of the parking lot (about 30 feet). Several notes... my car is a manual, however I ALWAYS put the brake on and leave it in gear so it can't roll away or be pushed. I also ALWAYS lock my car. And I had the only set of keys on me. When I got to my car I noticed the door unlocked, no brake on, and out of gear.

Someone broke into my car (assuming coat hanger type method) disengaged brake, put in nuetral, and then pushed it back to the other side of the parking lot. Wheel was never turned but thats because it locks. And no I couldn't have accidently left it like that resulting it in rolling on its own since there isn't any hills at all in my parking lot.

So now I must find out who did this, why they did it, and deliver justice for touching my baby.

Powerstoned

01-18-2012

My guess is you forgot to put on the handbrake and lock it.

Dragoeth

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
My guess is you forgot to put on the handbrake and lock it.
Doubt I forgot to leave in gear, handbrake, and lock my door. And theres no hill.

Powerstoned

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoeth View Post
Doubt I forgot to leave in gear, handbrake, and lock my door. And theres no hill.
Wish I could trust that

Dragoeth

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
Wish I could trust that
When you've spent a few years driving a manual car, forgetting to pull the brake before getting out of your car happens about as often as trying to drive without starting the car first. Its a habit that doesn't require thought.

Powerstoned

01-18-2012

what's a manual? Is that spanish?

Bainemo

01-18-2012

Maybe your car was trying to commit suicide because it's a manual

crying angels

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohana Sushi View Post
Live in a less ghetto area.
Pretty sure if this was ghetto the car wouldn't be there anymore. Either that or the car thief was like "wtf manual? screw this." and than just parked it.

Shagra

01-18-2012

I doubt you drive a manual. Because anyone that actually does calls it a straight drive, not a manual.

Elan Tedronai

01-18-2012

I've never heard a manual called a straight drive. What planet are you from? Here they're called manuals or standards or stick shifts.