Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

01-17-2012

So how is he in the new patch Jax? Never tried him yet! Too much school work!

King of Slugs

Recruiter

01-17-2012

not sure how he is on TT, saw one that didn't make it to lvl 8. According to dyrus/lapaka he's pretty good on SR at least

Invis Phoenix

01-17-2012

Only seen a couple games with him, his early game isnt as **** as it was thats for sure. Late game nerf? Definitely

Erichilles

01-18-2012

Looks pretty strong, jungle is really good. Does more damage but obviously not as tanky. One game my team got raped early by a shaco (got about 5 kills) and I was still able to stomp them (shaco, lee sin, morde) with pretty much just wriggles and boots

Wheredigo

01-18-2012

his damage can be pretty sick, you gotta play him as a soft char though because his tank ability tanked hard. stil viable i'd say though

TangyChicken69

01-18-2012

he shuld buy the right items and could goto to the bushes at the bottom lane and do leap strike and Since jax is power is really i would do tht

SYMBÖLIC

01-18-2012

lol people neg reppin for no reason so i joined in to hahaha lol<3 sam

Sam

01-18-2012

just wanted to know.

sthorwall

01-19-2012

I'm undecided on the new Jax yet -- only a few games with him so far.
-- Q = roughly the same in practice, not much to note here.
-- W = Major buff, could make a world of difference.
-- E = Both more and less predictable depending on how you play and how smart your opponents are. Nicer to initiate or in a hectic battle, but easier to kite against. New E takes away some of your options, but gives you a couple different options instead.

I'd say all-around it's a nerf to Jax, with perhaps one exception...

I have this suspicion that if you build Jax around Empower, he's been buffed. Old CD @ max rank was 5sec, new is 3sec. Old AP ration was .4, now .6. Ditto for the magic damage from his ultimate, which procs every third hit. Get AP, and suddenly you have monstrous sustained burst.

My old core was usually NinjaTabi > ((wriggles maybe)) > Guinsoo > Gunblade. My new idea which has been working well is Mercs (w/e) > Guinsoo > *Rylai's*. Gives him great sustained damage, solves the tankiness issue, and with all his forms of magic damage from Q/W/R he's practically got a constant slow like from FM. The new W vs old W gives exactly 2.5x the (magic) dps.

TL;DR -- Similar, can carry, and more reliable/consistent in good team play. Maybe nerfed, maybe buffed, but still quite useable.