Jax needs a buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyltin

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfoxxed View Post
With the introduction of Xin Zhao, and the nerf train that came at him, Jax has really faded from sight. Fed well, played right, he can carry the team end-game. But usually in the laning phase he is unspectacular. Leap Strike puts him in bad position. Empower is pretty weak and not very effective either (assuming you even put a point in it), and his counter strike doesn't really become what it is until the end-game.

Xin Zhao, right off the bat get his maxed attack speed, which Jax has to work for. He has a Slow, a Knock in the air (same as stun), a great chaser, similar attack speed to Jax without the stacks, and an active ultimate (vs Jax's R which Xin pretty much has a passive and can activate to double). All Jax really has is his counter strike, and high dodge chance. Jax may win in a 1v1 (only because Jax is an anti-autoattacker melee type champ), but Xin can initiate and make his mark as soon as the battle starts.

I have no problem against Xin (though I would care if he was nerfed a bit). I just believe that there needs to be viable melee DPS champs instead of the usual "Annie, Ashe, Soraka, Ezreal" top tier list. I actually welcome Xin (never played him but have played against) because melee carries need to make their mark. Riot needs to cater to our individual play styles, and it's not very fun knowing that most melee DPS type chars are just bottom-feeders, pretty much limiting what I can play. I just believe that Jax and Xin and maybe a couple other melee DPS (who do need the tank-like HP seeing as they have to be up close and usually have no escape mechanism) should be a more viable option in top tier play. My preferred style is melee DPS, the pantheons, and jax's, and probably Xin if I buy him. (Also on a sidenote, perhaps you can increase the skill threshold for melee DPS a bit so that they have more of an upside instead of the constant complaining about how XXX rolls his face on his keyboard and got a triple kill)
- Jax deals good physical and magical dmg why his dmg is much harder to block.
You dont need a last whipser agaisnt high armor cause of that. I play Xin and my mate plays Jax in 3v3 and i had to use armor pen agaisnt Gragas with 250 Armor while he ripped him off wiithout any armor or magic pen.

- Jax has an AOE stun and a good AOE dmg. Xin only has a short single target CC and his ulti for AOE dmg.

- Jax can escape with his leap while Xin cant.

- Jax general DPS is higher.

both have nearly same survivability.

+ Xin deals more dmg for an amount of time (7 sec).

+ Xin has an AOE slow.

+ Xin profits a lot from +AD with his IAS.

Jax needs maybe a little buff in early game survivability for 5v5 but that is all. Jax is still strong/OP in 3v3 and fine in 5v5


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notorious SKY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaetus View Post
No he doesn't, He jsut has a slow early/mid game. His potential power skyrockets as the game progresses.

Provided he isn't a noob and hasnt been feeding.

by end game jax is probably one of the scariest things to tackle alone.
the problem is that jax is so weak and useless early game that it is impossible to be fed enough to become powerful in endgame


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

capnsquiggles

Member

07-19-2010

Leave Jax alone! Xin is completely shut down by Jax as are most other things that dare stand in the armsmaster's way. L2P and Jax is a beast of death from start to finish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tC Paulie

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Jax is fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Davids Uploader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-19-2010

I disagree, if you use Jax then you would know that he had little, to no escape-ability. Leap strike to get away you say? That doesn't work because you cant pounce wherever you like, you can only pounce on minions or a champion (plus Sightwards), which doesn't work because why would you jump back in the fight if your trying to run away? Also that nerf on his movement speed completely and utterly destroyed Jax. Now from his 330 movement speed to 325 he can't run away, get the last hit in, or chase effectively.

Another thing, am I the only one who thinks Empower is completly USELESS? Cause it does low damage through out the entire game plus the AOE is small and does even less damage, I suggest a rework on it...

tl;dr: Jax needs a buff because now the only way to be good is if not only you solo, but get fed plenty while your at it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masonry

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
- Jax deals good physical and magical dmg why his dmg is much harder to block.
You dont need a last whipser agaisnt high armor cause of that. I play Xin and my mate plays Jax in 3v3 and i had to use armor pen agaisnt Gragas with 250 Armor while he ripped him off wiithout any armor or magic pen.

- Jax has an AOE stun and a good AOE dmg. Xin only has a short single target CC and his ulti for AOE dmg.
Its not just against Xin that he sucks its most melee. Xin has an aoe slow with damage and a dash also his overpowered aoe ult (that will be nerfed according to riot). Jax has no slow unlike many other riot melee champions. And his aoe stun is melee range and can be dodged if you have any amount of movement speed or move quick dash or warp away from him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
-- Jax can escape with his leap while Xin cant.
Xin has a slow and higher HP and an armor buff built into his ult giving him survivability. All that gives him the ability to escape and move out of Jax's stun range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
- Jax general DPS is higher.
Not even close when you count Xin's ult and he doesn't need to worry about scaling attack speed he is fast instantly. Olaf also can out dps Jax and Tryndamere, Yii, Garen, and most melee dps now has buffs and abilities while jax relies on auto attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
both have nearly same survivability.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAH
Early game Jax has no heal xin does and yii Tryndamere Garen and many other melee dps. Xin has an armor MR buff in his ult Tryndamere Garen also have surevivability buffs Jax has nothing except dodge which only stops auto attacks not abilites which deal 70-100% of damage that some champions do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
+ Xin deals more dmg for an amount of time (7 sec).
I thought that Jax had better general dps. Considering he bearly lives 7secs in team fights unless built tank. And even one on one most fights hardly last over 10secs untill some one is dead or ran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
+ Xin has an AOE slow.
Jax has no slow and his aoe damage is a joke except against minions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
+ Xin profits a lot from +AD with his IAS.
That is true for him and most melee dps even Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Jax needs maybe a little buff in early game survivability for 5v5 but that is all. Jax is still strong/OP in 3v3 and fine in 5v5
I agree he is still mid to top tier 3v3 if fed a little bit, but he is so easy to shut down cause he has no heal early. Harrasment forces him to die or run away. Jax in 5v5 has to stay back and farm and really his contributions to team fights early game are just Kill stealing or dieing and he would be better off just farming. At about 35min can Jax bring small help to team fights if he built tank so he won't get exploded instantly. If he built dps then hopfully he finds people by themselves in the forest that have no flash abilites move quick abilites or there own stuns or slows then he can easily dps them down for gank kills. Jax with out a slow makes it hard to hit any running champions because of the fact champions stop to do auto attacks. So Jax has a hard time getting to his 3rd hit against champions when they are simply moving away from him.

Yes Jax needs an early game buff but **** it return his movement speed at the very least riot that was completely unnecessary.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

God Tank

Member

07-19-2010

Guy what we need is to bring back the old jax.There was sure alot less complaint about him.The remake ruined him -,-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunOfABeach

Senior Member

07-19-2010

He needs a buff. Bought him in hope to have a viable new main but he just isnt. The problem is that you will never have the chance to get your dps out because you just cant attack so often in the current metagame. Its maybe nice to kill dragon or something but else..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blitz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-18-2011

I hate when everyone said that he doesn't need a buff. They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, and only base their opinons on what they see or when they play 3v3s (Which is something else entirely.) Their opinions don't add anything to the discussion as they don't back their opinions.

Jax's problem in 5v5 games is in teamfights. His ult's passive makes him attack faster and faster as he attacks, however his basic attack itself is really, really slow. Not to mention as you attack more his Ult's passive goes away faster. Otherwise every other stat, damage output, health, and defensive stats are fine.

So what happens is you jump in and you have to attack 5 times before your attack speeds are viable to start killing people. So you jump in, do you think that they are just going to let you attack them 5-10 times? Hell no! They are going to focus you since you are a DPS. Once focsed you have to withdraw, but once you withdraw your Ult wears off and the process repeats.

The solution is so easy and would make him still not overpowered. Simply make it so his Ult's passive lasts as long EACH STACK as Guisnoo's Rageblade, or have his passive last longer as it levels. That way he's not OP from attack speed cause he still has to build up, however once he withdraws and jumps in again he is still viable. (Which in most teamfights he really isn't.)

Many people play 3v3s and think he's fine. That is justified since there are less sources of damage going on him, however my suggestion wouldn't impact 3v3 play at all or very little. This is simply due to the fact that he isn't withdrawing nearly as much in 3v3 fights as he does in 5v5. So he doesn't lose his stacks anyways.

Riot if you don't fix Jax I will quit LoL since he is my absolute favorite character in the game. The way he is now is completely unjustified and your just trying to pease the crowd instead of actually making him not overpowered, but viable. Instead of trying to fix him you just made him useless in all teamfights so people wouldn't say he's overpowered anymore. EVEN WHEN YOU COULD FIX HIM SO EASILY!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZiegfriedX

Senior Member

04-18-2011

Thread Necro? Lol.