Jax needs a buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2010

With the introduction of Xin Zhao, and the nerf train that came at him, Jax has really faded from sight. Fed well, played right, he can carry the team end-game. But usually in the laning phase he is unspectacular. Leap Strike puts him in bad position. Empower is pretty weak and not very effective either (assuming you even put a point in it), and his counter strike doesn't really become what it is until the end-game.

Xin Zhao, right off the bat get his maxed attack speed, which Jax has to work for. He has a Slow, a Knock in the air (same as stun), a great chaser, similar attack speed to Jax without the stacks, and an active ultimate (vs Jax's R which Xin pretty much has a passive and can activate to double). All Jax really has is his counter strike, and high dodge chance. Jax may win in a 1v1 (only because Jax is an anti-autoattacker melee type champ), but Xin can initiate and make his mark as soon as the battle starts.

I have no problem against Xin (though I would care if he was nerfed a bit). I just believe that there needs to be viable melee DPS champs instead of the usual "Annie, Ashe, Soraka, Ezreal" top tier list. I actually welcome Xin (never played him but have played against) because melee carries need to make their mark. Riot needs to cater to our individual play styles, and it's not very fun knowing that most melee DPS type chars are just bottom-feeders, pretty much limiting what I can play. I just believe that Jax and Xin and maybe a couple other melee DPS (who do need the tank-like HP seeing as they have to be up close and usually have no escape mechanism) should be a more viable option in top tier play. My preferred style is melee DPS, the pantheons, and jax's, and probably Xin if I buy him. (Also on a sidenote, perhaps you can increase the skill threshold for melee DPS a bit so that they have more of an upside instead of the constant complaining about how XXX rolls his face on his keyboard and got a triple kill)

DeathKontrol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2010

I support, jax used to be my favorite character and i still have the most wins on him out of anybody. the problem is, hes completely useless now.

when new jax was introduced i like him, he was definately less skilled than old jax but he was probably stronger. the mistake that most people made was to level counter strike before empower, because empower just did ridiculous damage and counter wasnt much for a stun or a damaging spell, especially with physical jax. the problem is, jax has nothing going for him right now. the nerf on his move speed from 330 to 325 was COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY, given he has low mobility anyways and pretty much no escapability as well. in fact all that jax used to have was quick move speed, and a nice combination of nimbleness and counter strike.

but now jax is useless. a pantheon or master yi can do exactly what jax can do and better. jax gains such a small amount of max hp from his innate that it barely helps his survivability. i would take master yis meditate any day, and pantheon can recall and then skyfall in easily once every two minutes. the fact of the matter is now that jax is easily one of the worst characters in the game. he has no mobility, no initiation power, gets ganked and killed easily, cant harass, can barely farm, and above all has DESPERATELY NO DAMAGE. he was once the armsmaster, powerful ganker and carry. then he was the overpowered health hore that raked in the damage shut down the enemy team in team fights. now hes the little guy with 3 fingers that sits in the corner trying to get kills by ksing or hoping the enemy sits completely still. jax has nothing right now and badly needs to be buffed.

Physio2

07-18-2010

I totally agree with you

Zealot644

07-18-2010

I have only played LoL for a few months, so I dont know how old Jax used to be to compare. At times with the current Jax i feel absolutely OP when I can own the **** out of a 2v1 or 3v1 fight (assuming I got fed a bit) but other times where I feel almost useless.

Jax rocks against most melee champions but lately even I have noticed that Yi can kill me, or the new Xin Zhao champion...btw Xin could use huge nerfs. I fought one who at level 6 had almost 2K hp...He was 'fed' but in a 1 for 1 kill (We'd kill his buddy, he'd kill one of us, other escapes)

Anyways...Yeah I would like Jax to have some buffs :P

DelftKpi

07-18-2010

Ur kidding? Nah he doesnt.. hes good as he is.. Still best 1v1

Unemuzerexer

07-19-2010

bump

n3Kro

07-19-2010

no he don't needs buff why? couz if he will get one he will be op like old times. Problem is not that jax is up problem is that xin is op and he can kill jax without any problems. And remember that other chars need buff much much more

Ioaim

07-19-2010

I find that Jax is now balanced, he can still face roll melee champions but picking him shouldn't be an automatic win like it was in the past. It's really surprising how LoL players are never satisfied. Just 2 months ago people would cry at how OP Jax was now you want another buff? The real problem is balancing newer champions (Xin) and buff some others who really need it (Malphite). I would be happy if they never touch Jax again.

Nawo

07-19-2010

He's completely balanced. Does not need a buff.

Think about worse chars like Malz or Kennen.

A Super Saiyan 3

07-19-2010

No he doesn't, He jsut has a slow early/mid game. His potential power skyrockets as the game progresses.

Provided he isn't a noob and hasnt been feeding.

by end game jax is probably one of the scariest things to tackle alone.