New Vlad OP in first teamfight.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
2 points in Tides of Blood, 1 point in pool, Ignite + Flash. Charge Tides on the way to windmill > run into enemy team, cast 200 damage AOE, pool when they focus you, cast another 200 damage AOE, Flash if needed. (Granted, he could do this before. It just cost him a ton of HP.)

Actually, keeping Tides stacks up constantly is not hard at all now so it's a very nice spell.

Also, he hard counters new Jax no problem.

Attachment 364789
Thats how it ALWAYS was, haha. Whenever I had free week vlad I'd prepot and 4 stack it before reaching windmill, almost as autowin as soraka.

firetruckgg

01-17-2012

then for the rest of the match you're asking yourself why the **** you picked vlad :b

Stimuz

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruckgg View Post
then for the rest of the match you're asking yourself why the **** you picked vlad :b
True, there are a lot of windmill autowin builds that are like that. Double dorans shield nunu quickly comes to mind. Vlad was never really HORRIBLE though, just has trouble dealing with some assassins and a few bruisers. I wouldn't first or second pick him just to see if they have talon + fizz first.

Basoosh

01-17-2012

That is ... hilariously cool. Maybe after the recent round of buffs, Vlad can transition to bottom afterwards and not be awful?

Nunkuruji

01-23-2012

I'm admittedly somewhat mediocre with Vlad, as I did not own him until recently.

Tried him bottom lane, Normal match, legit ELO range (JabeBot if you care)

19/0/11
mpen, ar/lvl, cdr/lvl, ms
revolver, cap point, recall (in the fog), grab boots and go.

Up against catalyst Brand. Lost twice against him. Pretty much outclassed in every way. At ~lvl8, fight him for a 3rd time, and at least get him down to 30health or so in another lost duel.

At this point, it's time for Vlad to engage elsewhere anyways. Start rotating lanes, playing the jungle & point positioning & ganking well, plaguing the team fights as Vlad does. Usual stuff. Assassins took care of murdering bottom lane.

Once I had that Rylai's, that snare sealed a lot of enemies fates, Q snare hell. He may not have hard cc, but that's still often a killer against many opponents.

Redeemed my KDA at the end, 2nd place score, highest team damage, reasonable number of caps, neutralizes & defenses, healthy score ahead of enemy.

End: Revolver, Mercs, Rylais, Sweeper, NLR, Blasting Wand

----

Lack of enough CDR in the order I built was annoying, no reason to finish kindlegem to sweeper vs. the enemies I was facing, I should have SV or Codex'd

Pretty weak HP start with Revolver, perhaps Kindlegem instead - but makes Tides tougher to use.

Tides stacks on health packs is nifty.

Tides duality is a problem, even with revolver. 3 minions isn't enough to use it that greatly against waves, but it does stop larger waves without worry, particularly as it stacks. It ends up being a wash considering transfusion, but there's poke to deal with, so successfully pushing is rough. Revolver Morde can deal with the poke threat with his shield just fine.

9/21/0 or 21/9/0 perhaps much more favorable to start, I'll try sometime.

TouchinMyself

01-23-2012

You mean that first team fight that means absolutely NOTHING and for some odd reason noobs act like its the deciding factor in the game? Yeah, that matters a whole lot...

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Easy fix, play aninvia, ghost up top, play troll wall

Nunkuruji

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Easy fix, play aninvia, ghost up top, play troll wall
I've always wanted to see a Troll-Terrain + Blitz team.

Anivia + Trundle + J4 + Blitz
+ any of
Kogmaw, Singed, Karthus, etc.