Disney Resurgence?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBasto23

01-17-2012

Alright, so I'm one of those kids who grew up in the 90's during Disney's prime time. I only just saw Tangled (loved it) on Blu Ray and I've been re-inspired by Disney again :3

Is it really that wrong for a guy in his late teens to like Disney? Don't think so...I'm pretty sure almost everyone has fallen in love with Disney movies at some point or another.

Elan Tedronai

01-17-2012

I'm 28 and married and Disney movies are some of my favorites. Aladdin, The Lion King, Mermaid, Hercules, A Bug's Life. I can sing most of the songs from Aladdin and The Lion King by heart. I also liked Tangled. It's definitely one of the few good ones they've had lately.

Raging Hipster

01-17-2012

The only thing wrong with Disney is the TV channel.

GeneralMills

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Network Engineer

01-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I have two small children who LOVE Disney movies. I love to sit there and watch the movies with them.

What always upsets me is when Disney Pictures tries to make Sci-Fi movies (Watcher in the Woods, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Lilo and Stitch, and Treasure Planet). Mention this because of the pending release of John Carter...

Stingent

01-17-2012

I think it might be interesting for you guys to look up the Disney Renaissance. It explains a bit behind the dips in the quality of Disney movies, and why for a stint they didn't use traditional animation at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Renaissance

Anywho, I think Disney movies are pretty nifty.

RenegadeTQ

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMills View Post
I have two small children who LOVE Disney movies. I love to sit there and watch the movies with them.

What always upsets me is when Disney Pictures tries to make Sci-Fi movies (Watcher in the Woods, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Lilo and Stitch, and Treasure Planet). Mention this because of the pending release of John Carter...
But Lilo and Stitch was awesome :O. Someone at your company seems to think so with the release of Fizz :P.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

As a man in his late 20's, I still enjoy Disney movies. Pixar movies are amazing, and while owned by Disney I don't consider them Disney movies.

I may not love Snow White(the woman really can't sing to be honest), but the ones Walt Disney himself worked on are all very well done, and the 90's had a huge wave of great movies back to back to back. Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King gives you carte blanche to do horrible movies and still be loved.

Tricolor

01-17-2012

Quote:

wtf.....how can you not like lilo and stitch ?

son...im really disappointed ....

Madman Reborn

01-17-2012

Quote:

I actually liked treasure planet though.

@Op, there's a FB page for people like you(us) bro.

polon89

01-17-2012

I have heard that disney it's supporting sopa :<>