3 Mid 1 Top 1 Bot setup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustBodies

01-17-2012

Objective is to take Mid early and make their AP carry cry. What type of champs would make this work? I'm thinking for the middle 3 have heavy pokers and range for the twr. Cait, Lux, zil, and maybe one sustain to keep them in lane...maybe. Ideas???

Amoc

01-17-2012

I'm thinking it's not a very good plan at all. A competent mid would hide behind his tower while the 3 of you fight over scarce farm in a short lane. Meanwhile you have two separate 2v1 situations at top and bottom and because of this your other two champs are going to be tower hugging themselves and the other team will be free to send both top and bottom to gank your mids without putting their towers in a lot of danger.

A 1-1-1+jungler+roamer is an okay strategy and has worked well in the past...but dedicating 3 champs to mid is a huge waste.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Hmm. Your obvious problem is that you'd have 3 underleveled champions and have wasted the jungle.
Second issue is that the enemy are assume to not be complete morons.... if they see you have 3 mid, they will quickly send their Support champion from bottom to mid, as 2 will be enough to hold mid vs 3 enemies.
If needed, their jungler may come mid as well.

JustBodies

01-17-2012

Bah. Valid points. Just trying to think of something new to try out with a 5man.

OwlMechanic

01-17-2012

Best way to toss it up on SR is to actually lane match based on your enemies with exception to the jungler.

For example, if they've got kassadin as their ap mid, and you've got sivir with a support on bot, switch sivir into mid. She hard counters him and support/ap bot is almost impossible to deal with harass for their team too.

If they've got trynd top, dont put your bruiser up there, put in whoever has range+cc/escape (teemo, caitlyn etc) because they are actually capable of denying him farm.

If they have too much harassment bot, send whoever can life steal and farm fast enough not to get denied under the turret.

A game played reactively will at least change blinds in a fun way for you.

I believe duo lane, single lane, mid, jungle, is a pretty hard to beat set up... but this whole ad/support bot, melee/bruiser top, ap mid thing is up for grabs as to actual usefulness.

Yuuj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

I've run a 1-3-1 lane before. Go with a pusher, a healer, and some harasser. It works well. stuff like sona, heimer, ryze

S B

01-17-2012

Well one guy posted up a vid of how he won in just about 8 minutes, they all took top until it hit the inhib then push the rest of the towers.

Kyuubey

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
Well one guy posted up a vid of how he won in just about 8 minutes, they all took top until it hit the inhib then push the rest of the towers.
What works for 1 team will not work for any setup nor will it work against any defense.

Sokolniki

01-17-2012

I had to deal with a 1-3-1 set up before, once as Morgana and once as Anivia. I maintained at least a reasonable farm with Morgana and punished them severely for turret diving, but as Anivia, I straight up shat on them without altering my build order. I hit lvl 9 well before any of them could hit lvl 6. At that point, a Chilled Frost Bite would eat well over 3/4th of their health, I didn't even need to time the preceding Q for the double hit to make the color leave their screen abruptly. Did I mention that I still maintained a reasonable farm through it all?

Essentially, you are putting their AP Carry in an ungankable position if they are reasonably skilled, while not only setting yourself up to be ganked, but also to be steamrolled overall through sheer weight of economic and experience advantage amongst your opponent's other champions (two bot, solo top and Jungler), not to mention the Solo Mid you are trying to bully into crying will still have an economic and experience advantage over any one of the 3 you sent to mid. now, if you were to say, start off by having your mid start off making it look like a solo mid, while having your 2 other of the trio take either bush and rush their solo mid when they extend a little too far (or gets hit by a skill shot CC) to the grave or at least into a recall, you could put a considerable amount of damage on the tower very early on and then switch to a significantly more balanced distribution of characters. It should put your own AP carry at a distinct advantage early on, the player who held bot solo would reap some level advantage in this opening stage to compensate for their lane partner's lack of xp for the opening gimmick. The Jungler will be distinctly behind the opposing jungler.

gankas kon

01-18-2012

The only time I dealt with this I was brand mid. Sure I couldn't push my lane, but since the lane was so crowded, I got fed purely by spamming my aoe skills. Once level 6 hit. It only took a couple pillar hits to be able to triple them with my ult. It happened repeatedly, got fed, game over.