Lee Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Love him. Do pretty well with him. Why don't I hear more about him? When I was talking AD to some people a week ago, they were all "Riven so strong!". Was it because of her W? She was mobile, sure, but so is Lee. It's not like I want him to be banned, but I wonder what is holding him back in the eyes of Dominion players.

Thanks for input.

Edit:

So far I'm getting "map limits his mobility." If no one else responds, I will declare Hobocop emperor of truth!

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

More limited mobility than on SR due to lack of wards and jungle creeps to jump to, so it requires better positioning/timing from your team so you can jump to them if needed. He's still a solid AD bruiser pick, and really shuts down autoattackers with his E.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
More limited mobility than on SR due to lack of wards and jungle creeps to jump to, so it requires better positioning/timing from your team so you can jump to them if needed.
I have noticed much fail in solo queue in this regard. People will run just out of range so that you die needlessly.

Quote:
He's still a solid AD bruiser pick, and really shuts down autoattackers with his E.
Yeah, I agree. It's just odd that I saw him mentioned so rarely. It was always Riven. Almost made me to switch to Riven, then I started playing Lee and winning. Figured there's no point in giving up a champ that I do well with. And now that Riven ate some nerfs, I'm not so interested in her as an option.

Hobocop

01-17-2012

Riven's nerfs doesn't really change her position as a strong AD bruiser on Dominion. The regen nerfs were aimed at her laning sustainability, and W nerf was because of her ability to trade damage so easily. She still has amazing scaling and good mobility, although the base MS nerf hurts a little bit.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
Riven's nerfs doesn't really change her position as a strong AD bruiser on Dominion. The regen nerfs were aimed at her laning sustainability, and W nerf was because of her ability to trade damage so easily. She still has amazing scaling and good mobility, although the base MS nerf hurts a little bit.
I'm sure she's fine, but they were definitely nerfs overall. Usually if I'm merely thinking of maining someone, straight nerfs will cause me to back off; if I'm thinking about them instead of maining them already, it means I probably have alternatives, like Lee in this case. Same thing happened with Udyr. I was thinking about picking him up for jungling, then he lost dodge with no compensation. Meh. That's all I was saying. I imagine Riven has her place.