Dominion always leaves me straight up triple flabbergasted . . .

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukular power View Post
That, along with the fact that Rammus is still allowed in it, seems to indicate to me that it will never be a serious ranked mode.
I downvote this with all of my strength!

Stralucire

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticuli View Post
Seems like every time you ace the enemy team, all you do is make them mass respawn 10 seconds later with full HP and new items, and then the tides turn out of nowhere and you lose.
Important note, since no one has mentioned it: respawn timers in Dominion will corral together when players die within a certain time of each other. None of the numbers have been nailed, so don't try to quote me exactly, but it works something like this:

Trynd dies, gets a 15 second respawn timer. Nidalee dies 5 seconds later, she will be corralled with Trynd, and they will both respawn in 10 seconds. Leblanc dies 5 seconds after Nidalee. Trynd's corralling timer has expired, and Nidalee didn't create one since she joined with Trynd, so Leblanc will respawn in 15 seconds.

If you quickly stomp a group and get an ace, even if there's a few seconds between each kill, this is why the enemy team respawns as a group.

Quote:
Dominion is always like this, whenever you are crushing the enemy team, somehow inexplicably you're neck and neck in score, and then suddenly you're getting your ass kicked after acing them and capping 4-5 spots at once.
Lots of factors go into this. Shameless plug:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=15291650

Quote:
I suspect when down 4 spots the enemy team can recapture at a faster rate as well.
The capture rate doesn't change. Simply put, your team is trying to control too much space to stay effective. And more space equals more time. Consider, for instance, the distance you have to cover, starting from a respawn, to go assist windmill versus the opposite mid. Massive increase in distance to get to their mid, which equates to valuable seconds of delay.

Quote:
I just don't feel like dominions balance has much to do with champions, but its actual gameplay mechanics.
Sounds great to me. Even still, the dom forums are all "OP this" and "UP that". If we can balance that with the map before the champions we're probably in a good spot.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukular power View Post
@op, yes, something is goofy with the Dominion respawn timers. That, along with the fact that Rammus is still allowed in it, seems to indicate to me that it will never be a serious ranked mode.
i heard draft mode has bans.