[Guide]Kog'Maw: The Mobile Artillery Way (AP Guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facedag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

Did you really not mention Tear of Goddess/Archangel's Staff one time? ...Really? O_o

VejiTehDestroyer

07-19-2010

Yeah, someone had mentioned it one time, so i figured i'd try it, but i did'nt care for it. Chalice seems to good to put the extra gold into Archangel, and honestly, you wanna speed into Rod of Ages is quickly as you can for survivability.

Archimond3

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VejiTehDestroyer View Post
With each hit, you should be doing roughly 30-40% of their health bars
What kind of bull**** is that? I dont know what kind of games you play but in my games i dont deal 30-40% hp damage with 1 artillery hit late game.

VejiTehDestroyer

07-21-2010

This is from 5v5 solo queue and in team fights as well.

Firrox

07-22-2010

I tried this build I have to say I liked it but I find that massing AA staffs works well too.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

I will read this more thoroughly later when I get home, since I also experiment with an AP-Kog. But I can tell you that the 1 thing I really dont like is the lack of manaregen items on him. Sure, you can take golem every time, but if the enemy team has a good jungler or good teamwork to control these, you are gonna have a hard time keeping up on prolonged fights. Chalice is good, but won't be enough if u plan on sustaining your dmg a bit (not DPS-like, but at least often enough to pressure/kill).

PrawnWonton

08-16-2010

If you are going AP:

Doran's Ring + health pot
Sorc boots (you should be able to farm this completely before ever bluepilling back. With Sorc boots first, you can R+E to wipe all the ranged creeps each wave, and then last hit the remaining front row creeps with ease. Jungle camps, too.)
Tear -> Archangel's Staff (Once you get Tear, your mana problems are pretty much over)
Zhonya's (or Rylai's)
Rylai's (or Zhonya's)
or Void Staff at some point if the other team is stacking MR like a mug

I find that Chalice just doesn't cut it for me mana-wise. For general farming/pushing, Kog is extremely mana efficient if you just pay attention, so mana regen is not an issue at all for that. He can insta-wipe creep wave after creep wave without his mana bar so much as budging, so Chalice is no big benefit at all. But during fights, having a large mana pool to draw upon for repeated artillery shots, plus other skills is essential, and Chalice doesn't really help with that either. Having mana NOW > having mana a minute from now.

Plus, Tear builds into Archangels, which is just plain sexy.

VejiTehDestroyer

08-16-2010

Please be aware of the following changes that are currently being tested on the TR. If these come to light, the best build with Kog will be to go hybrid: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=207501

VejiTehDestroyer

09-20-2010

Updated. Please note that this guide is no longer going to be kept current, as the changes to Koggy's mechanics have changed.

EVO Crystalis

01-19-2011

Personnally, I wouldnt use an AP build with Kog, but it seems pretty interesting .
I've been using an Attack Speed build and with items that add to AD and ive gotten lots a kills, but how much damage would one Living Artillery do.... cause IDK if I might use this....