Mordekaiser / Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemurialol

01-16-2012

Hello, i was simply wondering if any of these champions are viable in dominion? I hear lots of talk how mordekaiser used to be a great champ, but is now very very weak. is this true? or is he still viable? Katarina, by looking at her moves seems as though she would get easily shut down by cc.

I am asking before i buy... although i usually make good decisions there has been too much bad talk and conflicting (good) talk of mord and kat.

I bought jarvan last and... omg he is amazing, last 2 scores 12/0 and 12/1 still in my match history. malphite is great too, although i have been doing better with jarvan, 7/1 and 10/6 as malphite.

Tank-Dps seems to do great in Dom. I actually bottomed as jarvan and malph haha xD

(i know.. i got off-topic..)

Narog

01-16-2012

morde is back is really good now with will of the ancient and tank items

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Morde is.... ok. I've seen a few that can make him work and he does alright bot, but overall I still find him to be an "eh" pick. He does a lot of damage to himself and he doesn't get as much shield in return for his spells like he does in SR since creeps aren't part of the equation in a lot of scenarios, so it can hurt quite a lot. Spell vamp does help alleviate it but he is still going to lose bot to a lot of the more standard bot picks like Soraka or Yorick, and top he doesn't provide all too much if he doesn't get his ghost off or doesn't live to use it for very long.

Katarina is a great pick though. She is an assassin that snowballs extremely quickly in fights as kills come in, and they will definitely be coming in activating her passive over and over. There are a few champs that you have to watch out for that will straight ruin your day if they are near you but Katarina is a much more reliable pick in Dom than she is in SR.

Vangarde

01-16-2012

Like mentioned, Morde is okay. Not top tier, but I can't say he is a bad bot and would let someone go give it a shot. I don't like him top. Dive potential low except fed. Damage skyrockets only if he can get ghost. No cc.

Katarina. Do they have little hard cc? You go godlike. Do they have 2-3 sources of hard cc? Especially if spammable? You feed. Much better in draft.

Serin33

01-17-2012

I think Morde is better in dominion then SR. He excels at 1 vs 2 engagements and is fantastic at holding towers. All of his attacks except his ult are aoe/hit more then one person, with the way people cluster at towers its easy to keep his shield up. Just build him with magic penetration/defense and own.

Xanthic

01-17-2012

Morde is very viable, just keep in mind that he starts to kick in towards lategame.
Katarina is very situational, cause seeing an enemy team with no CC is very rare.

Nunkuruji

01-17-2012

Personally I'll take Morde bot for kicks if the rest of the team has CC. If they don't have CC, I'll generally take Maokai. Morde can really shine in later teamfights if he has an enemy squish-carry he can molest into a ghost.

I've seen Kats either do extremely well, or extremely poor. It's partially a matter of whether she has people to initiate and soften targets for her or not. The problem is also that she is more dangerous to use without a reliable escape, where a champion like Kassadin has it more on demand.

tl;dr only pick these champions if you have complimentary teammates.