Sejuani Patch discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

01-16-2012

So, there's lots going on here this patch. Comments and opinions on how this will impact Dominion? My two cents:

-Jax will probably see play again. New leap strike is ****ing crazy, doing nearly double the damage it used to AND lower CD. Empower can get below a 2 second CD with high CDR now. His counter stun no longer needs overpriced dodge runes to work, and his ult now gives him 65 AP and AD at max rank instead of magic resistance. He gets his attack speed bonus immediately now, but no more free health. Will be interesting to test him out.

-Vayne nerf was pretty major, she lost a lot of movespeed, some damage, and less stealth. She'll still be strong lategame, but her early game will suffer quite a bit.

-Shaco box nerf, thank the gods.

-Volibear might see more play now that his flaky charge move got buffed.

-Dominion will be the final resting place of Skarner players, as he's back to trash tier on SR IMO. The changes won't hurt him too badly on Dominion, but his days of top tier SR jungling are over.

-Rammus unaffected, still ban tier.

-Mundo still sucks, but it's a start.

-Nashor's Tooth is still garbage, unimpressed with Tabi; you rarely see enough auto-attackers on a team in Dominion to justify it over mercs or CDR boots IMO.

BunnyMind

01-16-2012

Skarner's mana cost nerf on his Q makes me sad, but I guess it shouldn't affect his Dominion play too much.

I do think his other nerfs were justified though.

Demonite10

01-16-2012

Jax will be the new AHole of Dom, and everybody under the sun will try to play him to get wins in. Since he doesn't get free HP anymore, he'll have to watch out for heavy bursters.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Leap Strike change isn't as major as it seems, since the AD ratio was changed from total AD to bonus AD, so the base damage was buffed to equalize that. Overall, he's probably going to be a little squishier, and gets fewer free stats than he used to. I still see him being vulnerable to the very same things he always was, which was heavy burst damage that bypassed his dodge defense.

Shaco box nerf was probably because on SR he could get double buff and gank at level 3 by 2:30 or something stupid like that with the right setup, but it's a welcome hit to his map control on Dominion.

I feel like Skarner is going to be right back to where he was before they changed his mana costs; OOM all day if he doesn't get blue buff. Not as much of an issue on Dominion, obviously, but ult cooldown change hurts as well.

Tabi is still good if against heavy AD, as they're inexpensive boots with armor, and the damage reduction accomplishes the same general goal as the dodge did without being RNG. Don't know what I'm going to do against mass on-hit builds now, though.

Argodis

01-16-2012

- Mollica's skarner will terror me no longer.

- Was going to stomp with Vayne since she's free this week but nevermind... They basically gutted her. Guess I'll stick to MF/Corki.

- Shaco still banned.

- Volibear will get more action but Sejuani looks like she will be a better pick.

- Rammus still banned.

- Nashor's good again.

- Ahri not as good bot anymore but still strong.

- Graves still top AD Carry behind Urgot. Riot doesn't understand that its his passive that makes him so strong.

- Surge may be useful again.

- Mundo better.

- Jarvan bot lane even more of a terror now.

- Worst case, Jax banned again. Best case, he's just a strong pick.

- There will be a Warwick in every other game now.

No Irelia changes this patch but I suspect people are realizing how strong she is on Dominion so she will be seen more often.

Overall, disappointed with this patch in terms of Dominion.

Edit: How could I forget about Vlad? Definitely stronger now.

FDru

01-16-2012

Skarner and Shaco the only top bans that got any attention huh? Shaco will be 30% less annoying but I don't think Skarner is going to feel these changes much, since its not his ult that makes him broken.

Nunu, Warwick and Volibear buffs? NO COMPLAINTS HERE Especially happy they're fixing that ****ed charge bug...

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Well I'll still probably want to ban Rammus but he won't be such a pain to play against if he isn't. Glad to see the J4 buffs, I don't think Jax will be to much of a ROFLSTOMPER after the first week or so of people just realizing what is needed to counter him (which my initial guess is that all you'll have to do is focus him once he jumps you).

jars

01-16-2012

jax looks pretty bad honestly. he's quite good now on dominion as a more aggressive bottom lane using minions to proc his stun and beat down people not prepared for him.

Cauldrath

01-16-2012

Riven - health regen doesn't really matter here. Still no reason to level Q. I'd like to see some math (since I'm feeling lazy right now) on how much AD you would need to make leveling W do more damage than leveling Q, but I'm sure it's really low. Still a nerf, but she'll probably still be a top character and will be crazy OP if they release items which are good for her. Kind of sad that they gave Jax her ult for both AP and AD, though.

OK, bonus AD to make 2nd level of W worth more damage than 2nd level of Q: 170. 25*3 damage / 13 seconds vs (1.5*AD+80 damage every 10)-(1.5*AD+55 damage every 11)

Comparing the last level of W: -39. Yes, negative. You get almost 7 dps for the last W and almost 6 for every level of Q.

Fulgr1m

01-16-2012

Just went 16/3 with Vayne in Dominion. I wonder if I'll be doing that again with the nerfs she's getting? She'll still be a monster late game but early on it's gonna be tough!