Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who do you think is the best jungle champion?

Fiddlesticks 10 4.67%
Nunu 0 0%
Skarner 13 6.07%
Volibear 5 2.34%
Warwick 20 9.35%
Amumu 3 1.4%
Alistar 3 1.4%
Dr. Mundo 5 2.34%
Garen 0 0%
Irelia 1 0.47%
Lee Sin 37 17.29%
Nasus 1 0.47%
Nocturne 16 7.48%
Olaf 4 1.87%
Rammus 10 4.67%
Renekton 1 0.47%
Riven 2 0.93%
Rumble 0 0%
Shaco 14 6.54%
Shen 1 0.47%
Shyvana 4 1.87%
Singed 2 0.93%
Sion 1 0.47%
Sivir 0 0%
Taric 0 0%
Trundle 8 3.74%
Tryndamere 2 0.93%
Udyr 22 10.28%
Wukong 1 0.47%
Xin Zhao 4 1.87%
Yorick 0 0%
Other 24 11.21%
Voters 214 .

Best jungle champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuryaka

01-17-2012

Good junglers at any point:
Skarner, Lee Sin, Udyr, Cho, Noct.

Cho doesn't care about any buff. All he needs are minions to whack. I run armor seals, movespeed quints, and AS marks. 0/9/21, and clearing is possible with boots, ward, and 1 pot. Assuming I get a leash and nab blue, the only point where my health kinda gets scary at dual golems, and I actually clear faster than my Phoenix Udyr. Few expect a level 2 gank right after clearing blue+wolves, so it's just hilarious to see them run. Popping a Rupture won't burn much mana, it'll put pressure on the enemy jungler to help the lane, and if I managed to steal wraiths beforehand the rest of my jungle is actually easier if I gank and regen some health.

Also jungled without smite once. Ganked a lane early instead of going for buff monsters and everything was k.

Dunno about jungle Trundle. I think he's rather fast due to his Q resetting autoattack timer along with Contaminate, thus making him on par with or faster than tiger Udyr. Only thing he needs is a laner who can drop CC - he can wall off, but can't hold a target down.

Anarchius

01-18-2012

Quote:
Mar The Dragon:
Trundle is actually pretty effective jungle-wise, never dropped below half health as him.

ya i def wana try trundle

Tyrang

01-18-2012

Quote:
LancerXXX:
That's like saying Warwick is effective - they're sustainable and they can 1v1 in a whackfest in the middle of the jungle, but their ganking potential and actual clear speed is sub-par.

Trundle is one of the top jungler at the moment. Fast jungle time, great 1v1, great aoe, fairly tanky and pillar ganks are great. Late game also good.

According to Stonewall, he is almost as good as the God tiers (Udyr, Skarner and Lee).

And no, you can't compare Trundle with ww, cuz ww is actually crappy atm.

acosn

01-18-2012

Warwick is one of the weaker jungles at the moment because he has no effective gank oriented CC before level 6, is a slow (read: safe, but slow) clear, and has some pretty weak scaling late game.

Lee, Udyr, and Skarner are the best junglers at the moment because they can fit into the most team comps, and have the most accessible ganks. Trundle is a close fourth because his abilities translate into some **** good anti-tank / carry abilities late game.

Tyrang

01-18-2012

I believe the following requirements define a great jungler:

- Fast jungle (ideally has aoe and can recover easily from underfarm or death)
- Good ganking ability (great cc, can gank early)
- Ability to counter-jungle and prevent counter jungling (flexible path, buff independant & great 1v1 fighter)
- Transition to late game (ideally become a tank or a tanky bruiser cuz the only other lane that can maybe fill that role is solo top lane)

The junglers that I think fills and excels in these requirements:
- Skarner
- Lee Sin
- Udyr
- Trundle
- Maokai

I can't think of other junglers that fills all of them and is good at all of the requirements. A lot of these other junglers definitely excels in a few of them, but not all.

SuperSlothBear

01-18-2012

My best junglers are
Udyr
Kassadin
Alistar
Malphite
Nunu

I should also mention the effectivness of dual jungle blitzcrank and alistar (rocket grab 2 knockups and a headbutt, tell me it don't work)

Sumutherguy

01-18-2012

Why is malphite not an option?